View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #456
shadowofchaos
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSarah View Post
Regarding the stereo speaker and electrode setup before - all mains powered appliances have the potential to develop faults. A similar risk of electrocution from a fault exists when using a hair drier, electric kettle, drill or vacuum cleaner. Stereo amplifiers are almost without exception are protected from over current by fuse(es). The frequencies of interest for this use are predominantly handled by the tweeter - which runs about 10V and about 0.01A. Mucus membranes conduct well given the moisture and electrolytes involved.

Agreed - there are some risks in using any mains powered appliance. This post is to put the risk of a mains fault in perspective. To mitigate any risk you could use a battery powered stereo/boom box instead. And I agree totally about keeping clear of between nipple stimulation.

It certainly wasn't my intention to suggest something hugely risky, nor something that I have not done myself before. I has been something I have enjoyed a lot, at a fraction of the cost of a TENS/electrostim/violet wand.
I'm not going to argue the point on here but a the smallest fuse here in the UK is 3 amp which is nearly a hundred times the lethal limit and they don't blow for all faults certain faults can allow full mains voltage on the output side of a stereo without blowing a fuse plus a fuse will not blow fast enough to save your life if the electricity crosses your heart must fuses take 0.1-0.4 seconds to blow your heart will fail in less than 0.05 seconds. yes the chances of such a fault occuring are the same in any piece of equipment but the fact if you you have it in direct contact with the body you massively increase the risk. yes TENS units and Violet wands are expensive but can you put a price on a life?
I cannot tell you don't continue with doing this yourself but I strongly advise against it but at the end of the day it is your life Reagan is in a position where Brittany's safety is entirely under her control