View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #14
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoweater View Post
The system should definitely work in a way that senior members or members with better rep themselves will have a greater effect when they rep other people.
It was already like that. Basically users with higher post counts & rep had the ability to effect more another user's reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickj92 View Post
I think the reputation system was great. It showed how much quality a users posts had - but when you start to abuse the system it becoms completely pointless. How is the reputation of a user supposed to be accurate if a member goes around giving -rep to people saying "u dun knw how 2 speel so i -rep u". You don't, can can't. The same goes for things like "Ha! I felt like +reping you!". Now I will admit I am guilty of the second charge, but most of the time gave +rep on good posts, and left a valid comment. Hope everything clears up soon.
Exactly. I never saw a real problem with the system but more with how it has been used especially the last few months. Aside from the problem I pointed in my thread yesterday I think the problem was more general & that users need to calm down a bit. I have seen also a lot of positive rep being thrown as if they were candies for replies in Lounge games & the likes. It just seemed to me that you could have a higher rep just by having friends on the site no matter what you post... That's why I went out & asked for mine to be disabled yesterday I just felt that the whole thing had no value to it...

Of course, I am curious too to see what the new changes are going to be. But I'm even more curious to see if users will grow up & be able to use it with a bit of better judgment. Quite frankly this rep thing had become bigger than the site with all these rep threads popping up every week not to mention the increasing amount of people begging for rep in posts & sigs... I really hope that this "rep break" will allow everyone to realize that there's more than rep on this site...
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote