Thread: Fiction: The new girl
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
peter1111
getDare Sweetheart

Target Chapter 3

The new girl

Chapter 3

Laura arrives with her bag and sleeping bag to Maria’s house one hour later. The girls hug and enter the living room.
Laura: “Where are you parents?”
Maria: “Working of cause – sleepover is not fun with parents around”.
Laura: “But but…”
“Is that a problem, are you not allowed to be here without adults?” says Jessica with a big teasing smile on her face.
Laura: “..It is just… you mother promised my mother that she would be here…”
Carol interrupts: “What a shame if you have to leave because of that, we were going to have so much fun”
Laura: “No, I guess it is okay than”. She looks a little surprised and scared. After all this is her first sleepover.
Maria: “Let’s order some pizzas and watch a movie. My sister just got a new movie, we can borrow it, she will not notice.”

The girls went to the dining table and starts to chat, the girls talks about families, parents work, and Maria, Jessica and Carol makes good effort calming Laura down, and make her feel comfortable. After all they do not want her to leave.
Maria: “So Laura do you have any other siblings than your sister?”
Laura: “No, she is the only one, what about you?”
Maria: “Only Amanda, but she is rarely at home, so feel like I am a single child. During your presentation at school today, our teacher mentioned that you have moved here because of your father’s new job. What does he do?”
Laura starts to loosen up a bit: “He is an account manager, and he has been with the company for almost 20 years now”
Maria: “..and your mother – what does she do?”
Laura: “She does not work, she takes care of my sister and me. And then she does charity work, mostly for the church. She has already made several appointments with our new church”
“Ding Dong - Ding Dong” the doorbell rings.
“It must be the pizza man” says Carol “I will go fetch the pizzas.”

After they have finished eating, they move to the couches in the living room and get ready for the movie. Laura rarely are allowed to see movies, it is waste of time according to her mother, so see looks forward to the movie.
Maria: “Jessica could you please help me get supplies from the kitchen?”
Jessica: “Sure”
When they are out of hearing distance, Maria says: “It is going better than expected, Laura already seems to feel comfortable”.
Jessica: “Yes, much better. However the start was a little shaky, I was afraid that she were about to leave immediately.”
Maria: “Yeah – that was close. Now let’s continue relaxing, and then go to the next phase.” The girls are smiling at each other, get the soft drinks and glasses and head back to the others.
Carol takes the remote and turns on the TV: “Let’s start the movie.”
peter1111 is offline   Reply With Quote