Thread: Fiction: The Office Strip
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
John332
getDare Sweetheart

I padded down the stairs to the fourth floor, swiping at the dirt and grime on my feet, which were now a bit red and sore. I felt exultant - I'd done it, I'd done the first challenge and had got naked on the roof, the roof of my own office!

I tried to calm myself down - I wasn't out of the woods yet. My feet made slapping noises on the stairs, and I tried to walk more quietly, almost tripping down then. I went past the fourth floor and onto the next set of stairs. I passed the estate agent on the third floor, which was completely dark now. Presumably the lights had now turned themselves off.

One more flight to go. I paused to listen, hearing nothing. Sometimes, there's nothing so disconcerting as silence, and I found myself straining to listen for the smallest sound. Then I realised that I should really just get moving right now.

I walked along and down to the office, almost sad now that the adventure was over. I paused outside the main door and pushed it open slowly, stepping inside. Thanking my lucky stars, all I had to do now was get one more pic and send it to Jamie.
John332 is offline   Reply With Quote