Thread: Fiction: The Office Strip
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #25
John332
getDare Sweetheart

I crept down the stairs as quietly as I could, bending double to see through the windows before I was fully at the bottom. As far as I could see, the office was empty again, apart from the poker players, who were all back in the other room and concentrating hard. I glanced back up at the roof, just in time to see a curtain shiver and swing back into shape. I'd had one observer at least, I thought - all the most reason to leave now before they called the police 'for fun'.

Shaking from both fear and cold, I slowly opened the exterior door and stepped inside quickly before any papers could blow around. I closed it gently, then hurriedly ran across the office. I got across the open-plan office and through the pods into reception just as I heard a toilet flush somewhere nearby. Skidding to a halt, I ducked down behind the reception desk, knowing that even the most cursory examination would reveal me.

A door opened and closed, and footsteps came towards me, then past me. I breathed a sigh of relief - no-one was expecting visitors, and consequently, wasn't looking. Once I'd heard the other door open and shut, I waited for a few seconds before calming myself and walking out of the office.

I paused outside on the landing, rubbing my arms to try and warm up and calm down from the adrenalin. Then I realised where I was: on the fifth floor landing of an office building, butt-naked. I needed to get back to my clothes, fast.

Last edited by John332; 07-23-2012 at 12:14 PM.
John332 is offline   Reply With Quote