Thread: Fiction: ★ Eliza - Time Stopper
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #35
BettyBoop
Angel of Dare

Chapter 6

“How was everyone’s day?” Eliza asked attempting to make conversation and dig for gossip
“Someone accidentally started a fire in the lab today and Mr Allen decided it was his time to shine and he went into superhero mode. It was literally the smallest fire I’ve ever seen and I could have put it out without all the theatrics... It was embarrassing.” Amelia chuckled at the memory.
“Is he the one you said you wanted to ‘shag’? Or however it was you so delightfully put it...” Eliza said scrunching her nose at the word.
“UGH GOD NO!” Amelia turned around to give Eliza a look of disgust and shock. “ That’s the Biology assistant Mr Ryder and boy would I ride him”
“Watch the road” Seb prodded Amelia in the head to get her to turn back around and Eliza stifled a giggle knowing how much that would annoy her.
“Oh it’s funny when I poke her but you can’t stand being tickled” Seb smirked at Eliza and her smile vanished.
“Don’t do it. I will jump out of this moving vehicle Sebastian.” She pushed herself away from him and into the corner of her seat failing at seeming stern all curled up in a ball.
“I won’t! I won’t” he said it with all the sincerity in the world but it didn’t help now Eliza was on edge.
His hand shot out and he tickled her side, she squirmed into her seat his touch sending electric shocks through her.
“You liar” she wailed. Eliza hated being tickled but it was more feeling the warmth of him against her that she didn’t think she could stand.
“Okay seriously, cross my heart I’m not going to do it. I promise” He held his hands up in surrender.
“You two are such children” Amelia said back to them
“Watch the road” Eliza mocked, poking Amelia in the side of the head.
They all laughed at that, even Amelia. Eliza realised they were getting closer to her house and she found herself not wanting to leave the car and the laughter of her friends. As if he could read her mind Sebastian piped up
“Liza, I was wondering if you could help me with that English essay? I am completely lost and if anyone can help me it’s you” He shot her his winning smile and she knew she’d write him a thousand essays if he wanted her to, not that he’d ever let her he’d say he was taking advantage. Eliza briefly thought about how Seb could get a fantastic grade on an essay without even trying. Her mind wanted to question his asking for help but she pushed the thought away as excitement bubbled inside her. Her thoughts ran wild thinking of all the many different ways she could lure Seb into her bedroom to help him with his “essay”.

Amelia turned the car radio up and began singing loudly and dancing in her seat making the most of not having to drive for a moment. Eliza noticed her grumpy elderly neighbour’s curtains twitching and she thought she should really hurry to get going.
“Um sure, we could go to the library tomorrow after school or...” She started
“Are you busy now?” He said. Seb’s voice faltered as if he regretted his question even as he said it. He sounded almost nervous but Eliza was, as usual, completely unaware of anything but her pounding heart. She thought about her probably empty house and how quiet and dark it got as her parents spent the majority of their time working and when they got home they’d probably still be working. She knew she’d have to go in and sit alone, cook her own food and be by herself as the evening got darker and she hated it. She made a decision or more of a promise to herself that she’d stop being such a coward.

“Not at all, I’m free as a bird I have absolutely no plans and nothing to do” Eliza burst out a little too quickly. She cringed inwardly wishing she’d just said a simple no.
“Great...Um... Okay. Amy I guess I’ll see you tomorrow” He scooped his bag up off the floor of the car and hopped out yet again ignoring the existence of the car door.
Eliza got out of the car but used the door; jumping out of cars wasn’t something she planned on doing in a skirt.
“See you tomorrow Amelia” she hugged her redheaded friend
“See ya Liza. Make him wear a condom okay?” She grinned at her
“Shut up” Eliza laughed walking away from Amelia and towards her front door. She was used to ignoring her best friend’s constant jokes about her and Seb and sometimes wishing, just a little, that they weren’t jokes.

Boop Boop de Boop.
female, engurrland.
Ask me anything, click.
My tumblr. 18+

BettyBoop is offline   Reply With Quote