View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
Lyn
getDare Sweetheart

Default Chapter 3

Author's note: Due to how busy my life got, I was unable to continue this for a very long time. I am, however, picking it back up because I can't bear to leave something like this unfinished.

I woke up with a headache. I wasn't sure what was going on, but there were bright lights that hurt my eyes, so I instantly closed them after being temporarily blinded. Whatever I was lying down on felt somewhat uncomfortable, and not exactly what my bed felt like. I felt some sheets over me, but they felt nothing like my blankets.

Oh my gosh! My bed! I wasn't in it. Beginning to panic inside, I realized that everything from last night hadn't been a dream. Worried, and afraid, I opened my eyes, and forced myself to keep them open, despite the lights.

As the weariness wore off, I sat up, and the sheets rolled off me. I was in my own clothes, except for something soft that had been clipped around my neck. It didn't feel like a collar, but it made a soft humming sound and was warm against my neck. Still groggy, I sat up and took a look at my surroundings. Not entirely sure about last night's events, I looked at my thigh, where I had felt a pinch.

There was a small red dot and a slight bruise. My arm hurt from being twisted. Sighing, I focused my attention on the room. It was mostly grey with white, and had 4 beds. There was some bright ceiling lighting, but other than that, and the beds, and a sturdy door, the room was spotless. In each of the other beds, my friends Abbie, Olivia, and Jade were sleeping soundly. Even as I finished looking around the room, they began to stir and wake up.

Each of us was as confused as to what had happened, and the other girls didn't even seem to recall any sort of struggle at night - most likely because they had been fast asleep. One thing we did share was our complete and total confusion. What were these things around our necks? where were we? how did we get here? and What was going to happen to us?

As we all sat, dazed and confused, whispering our doubts and fears, we heard a key turn in the door...
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote