Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:20 AM   #1555
Puggsley

Dear Captain,

I agree that the gay angle has been overplayed in the current Torchwood. I think its a bit to the detriment of his character. The Jack that was turned on by anything that caught his eye, guy or girl was much more fun.

I also agree that the american influence has been to the detriment of the show. They do seem to be relying on spectacle rather than plot, which is a shame. In old Torchwood I think this would have been a two parter at the most.

As for the return of Dr Who, the question I've been asking myself is: Does this mean we wont see River Song any longer? Theoretically as her and the Dr are moving in opposite directions in their time lines, and we saw her regenerate into River Song, surely thats it for her and the Dr, thats all the encounters they get. Anyone want to weigh in on this? Im sure some sort of "Timey Whimey" explaination will be given somewhere so she can come back, but she shouldn't to my way of thinking. I hope not, as I found most of her scenes cringe worthy. I loved the spectacle of the rest of the episode, but her "shopping" excursion was just pants.
Puggsley is offline   Reply With Quote