View Single Post
Old 04-03-2023, 04:33 AM   #11

You can do this client-side using JavaScript, this has the advantage of only needing to host a "static" page. You can even create a "share your results" link without needing a database to actually save the results anywhere by embedding the answers in the URL parameters (this is how BDSM test and many other such "questionnaires" do this).

I would recommend using jQuery rather than plain JavaScript. jQuery makes it easier to select specific elements and apply a CSS class to them (e.g. to mark a field as like/limit).

Then use CSS to handle alignment, colors, etc. CSS is hard but every real web developer has to deal with it at some point.

That's how I would do this. Definitely possible just using jQuery and some HTML and CSS, no "framework" required.

...if you want to go the "framework" route there's something called "Bootstrap". I've never used it myself but I've seen other projects that use it. It gives you pre-built and pre-styled elements like buttons to work with, and it's easy to extend with your own CSS classes to e.g. tint the color of buttons. It's lightweight and integrates well with jQuery. I would recommend over using something like Angular.

Mostly gay, mostly dominant, mid-20s, slightly muscular but not very

Please read my likes/limits page before giving me a dare in a public thread. If you give me a dare that is outside my limits then you will likely be ignored.
20171020 is offline   Reply With Quote