Thread: Fiction: IRT Deadliest Roads
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Sexualobster

Default IRT Deadliest Roads

Hey guys, tell me if you like this story and if I should continue or try to think of a new story. I plan to include some element of truth or dare later on.

IRT Deadliest Roads

My name is Lisa and I am an Ice Truck Driver. I know it sounds like a job that fat hairy men do but I assure you that I am not a man. You may have seen me on the History Channel just doing my job but it seems that many of you enjoy it due to the fact that I'm still being recorded. There's some places the cameras don't go however. During every season break, I go driving in some of the deadly roads I wouldn't normally drive on the show. Simply because they are hard to shoot in and also too dangerous to do so. Some of the shots you see on the show consist of lowering a platform of sorts over some cliffs and having a camera take a shot of my truck half-way across the other end of the canyon. In Rauma, Norway, I got the opportunity to be alone and away from the filming crew who never seem to stop following me around.

I grew up in Alaska and have always loved the cold, so Norway was an obvious choice besides the fact that Norwegian men are also quite on the hot-side. I was travelling to Valldal from Åndalsnes along one the deadliest roads in the world, the Trollstigen, and without an entire crew of cameras and microphones, I felt slightly lonely and scared. Despite how much I loathed them, it was comforting knowing they would know immediately if I drove off a cliff instead of people finding out 3 days later when my truck never arrived. My spotter was a Norwegian by the name of Felix and he was relatively good at his job but mostly kept to himself. He was an average looking guy but after living every day in constant fear of driving off a cliff, when adrenaline would stop flowing, I would have this slight attraction to him as if we had survived, stranded on a desert island together. I will never forget it.

I am telling you this story because it is one that cameras will never show and a drive I will never forget. I have kept a journal about my entire trip, logging after everyday, with a few exceptions. By the end of it, I would have done things I had never done or had even thought about doing.

Day 1

Today is a day I hope I never have to relive and yet at the same time feel a rush I have never felt.

I picked up my new spotter Felix today at a cafe in Åndalsnes and I must tell you that the cold here is none I have ever felt before. The bitterness of the Norwegian winter is nothing like what I experienced in Alaska. I must get used to it but for now, I have a big truck and plenty of fuel for the heater, which is good as I don't need to drive wearing bulky coats all day. Felix. Yes. He is a nice guy and only slightly taller than me which is short for a Norwegian and has quite a charming voice even though it is rare when you hear it. However, he is a good spotter and that's all that really matters. We decided to start driving at 9:00AM after we ate breakfast. A Norwegian breakfast is not at all like an American one. It has much more meat and would be a suitable lunch in America. I was quite stuffed when we got in my truck and Felix had already begun lightening up to me which is great when you depend on him to keep you alive.

We were driving for at least 10 hours before it happened. You see, the Trollstigen is a very dangerous road. However it is also very quiet. We were heading around this tight bend and ended up having to wait on one end of a bridge for the cars coming from the other way to pass. The last car to pass was actually a big truck and it stopped on the bridge altogether. We waiting for awhile before getting out of our truck to see what the problem was. While I was heading to the truck, I heard the sound of a stick snapping in a very concise fashion. I turned around and saw Felix on his knees with a gun pointed at his head. It turned out the man came from a car which we had let pass on the bridge.

"Give us your money!" the man yelled with a scruffy voice. I was already shivering with fear and I looked at Felix for consolation. All he did was nod and turn his eyes to look behind him for a split second. I turned around upon hearing the sound of a truck door slamming and noticed a man had left the truck on the bridge and had leaped into mine.

"H-Hey!" I whispered to the man in my truck, somehow loud enough for the man with the gun to hear.
"Shut up American and give your money, or else!" The gunman struggled to say.
"D-Do what he says Lisa" Felix suddenly said in a very clear tone of voice. I slowly took out my wallet and tossed it to him. It only had a couple hundred NOK in the wallet as most of the money was stashed in the truck. The gunman looked through the wallet and then slid it roughly into his jacket.

"Now." the gunman said in a slightly more calm fashion.
"Take off shirt"

I froze in fear. Being a truck driver, I rarely got to meet guys as I was always on the road. This was turning into a living nightmare. I stood there frozen when the gunman cocked the gun.

"I say take off shirt!" he said as he gestured to me with the gun. I looked back at Felix hoping for some redemption but was met with a look of sadness which made him hang his head in shame.

"He dies!" yelled the gunman.
"W-Wait! No!" I responded. Standing there in the freezing cold, I gripped the bottom of my sweater only realizing now that my coat was hanging over the front seat. I slowly began lifting it and began to hesitate as my bra became more exposed to the men. I got the sweater above my head and was a state of panic when I saw a set of headlights coming around the bend.
Sexualobster is offline   Reply With Quote