Thread: Fiction: Last Night at Comicageddon
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 04:17 PM   #4
MetalMike

Book pt4

Three seconds later and I had used my rock to smash her scissors.

“Ughh.. “ Em groaned “OK my secret is… I’ve never actually technically lost my virginity”

“Wait, what?!” I replied sceptically

“I’ve done… stuff. Plenty of stuff. Just not that exact thing”

“Interesting” Both of us turned to the entrance arch to the den so find the source of the voice. Sarah was looking at Em with an eyebrow raised.

Alex was stood next to her with two mugs in hand. “Got started without us, hey?” he said with mock hurt in his voice. “Pour us out a bit then” he said as he kicked two more beanbags in to place to face us.

“Alright but you have to play” Em responded as she poured and Alex sat down “It’s shot paper scissor, like rock paper scissor but if you lose you drink and tell a secret”

Sarah, yet to sit down, paused for a second before a small smile crept into the corners of her mouth.

“I have a better idea” she said matter-of-factly and walked over to one of the displays, picked up a pack of playing cards, unwrapped them and began to shuffle.

“Mike you’re clubs, Em diamonds, Alex is hearts and I’m spades. We take it in turns to pick a card. Whoever’s suit is drawn has to drink and pick truth or dare” Sarah declared, placing the deck in between us and grabbing the bottle to pour a shot into her own mug before sitting down. She did it with such authority that the rest of us just looked at each and shrugged acceptance. Alex reached for a card first but paused as his fingers rested on it.

“What if I pick a joker?”

Sarah showed how sharp she was when she almost immediately replied “Jokers mean you get to come up with a new rule” and then showed something else about her that I hadn’t seen before, a kind of mischief flashing in her eyes “and we have to agree that we don’t talk about tonight to anyone”. Everyone frowned a little at that but murmured their assent. Alex turned over the card.
Five of spades.

“Okie doke then Sarah, down the hatch” said Alex, then watched Sarah taken the shot back without even wincing before “truth or dare”

“dare” Sarah challenged.

Alex gave a small laugh “Fine then. I dare you to strip down to your underwear” he said in a tone and with an expression that showed he fully expected to be shot down. His expression changed when Sarah gave a small smile, stood up and unbuttoned her ankle-length skirt.

She kept eye contact with Alex, whose mouth dropped open when she pushed the skirt down over her hips and let it fall to her ankles, revealing the black lace thong underneath. She casually stepped out of the skirt at the same time as pulling her black jumper turtleneck jumped over her head to show that all she’d had underneath all day was a black lace bra to match her thong. The shock of seeing Sarah’s pale flesh, which had always been covered by long sleeves and skirts up until this point was exaggerated by the reveal that intricate, vibrant tattoos ran along her right arm, side and thigh.
Sarah stood defiantly with her hands on her hips and we all stared on in a silence that was eventually broken by Em whispering “They’re so pretty. Like art”. Then Alex, regaining some of his senses and his bravado along with it adding “yeh, you’re a work of art alright”. That broken the spell and we all relaxed a little as Sarah fought Alex’s grin with a vaguely withering look and sat down.

There was another awkward pause during which I found myself looking over Sarah’s tattoos.
“Mike.”
“huh?” I realised it wasn’t the first time that my name had been said and I look around at the group feeling my cheeks flush. But from Alex’s gesture at the deck I realised that I was just being reminded it was my turn. I tentatively reached for a card.
Five of clubs.

I choked down a swig of vodka and refilled my mug before frowning and looking at Sarah to ask “What happens now? I picked my own suit.”
MetalMike is offline   Reply With Quote