View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #41
Locked Puppy
getDare Devil

A P.S.A. on the 1.19.1 chat reporting feature introduced by Microsoft:
We are currently still on 1.18.2 and I am waiting with upgrading until the potential privacy issues around that "feature" can be resolved.

Without having found any technical details yet, it looks like this feature is implemented client side. Since I will not allow any messages within our small, but happily kinky community to be sent to Microsoft, I will only upgrade once it is possible to stop this being done on a server level.

That does seem to be less and less likely though. So what will most likely happen is, that I will disable chat within the game. This means we will only be able to chat via our Discord-Channels.

I have a GDPR-Section on our server for a reason. The right to privacy and anonymity is of utmost importance and I am trying my best to give everyone that right to the best of my abilities. We even have nicknames, so you can "hide" your actual account name in chat and messages in game.

In short:
If the chat reporting can not be turned off server side (even with mods), I will disable the chat feature in game once possible and only then upgrade the server to the latest release version.

This is my server. If something happens, I am responsible. Not Microsoft, not Mojang, me. Period. I ban, I do not ban. This is on me and Simi. Nobody else. And I will not let messages be sent from MY server to Microsoft. Period.

This is just an informational post. I do not want to discuss this change of the game in here. There are other places for this. I just want you all to know, if you consider joining our fun little community, your right to privacy and anonymity will be looked after - despite what Microsoft thinks they can do.

As a small explanation:
This feature, is like vBulletin Solutions Inc. being able to ban you from all servers using their forum-software - like getDare for example. It is not their responsibility. And thus they don't do that.

likes - limits - toys -- pm dares

Randomly Locked in Chastity
(locked or not: no orgasms for this pup)

kik: LockedPuppy

Last edited by Locked Puppy; 07-06-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Locked Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Locked Puppy for this post: