View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 03:52 PM   #1
Sweex

Default Why is everybody still holding on to KIK?

I can't get my head around why people still use KIK, when there are, in my opinion, better options out there!

I find KIK really limited in its use. The two main things I don’t like about KIK is that you can not, without using 3th party software, use it on your PC. And recently they have added ads popping up.
Other things I don’t like is that I find KIK to be really slow in sending the messages trough.
And also after a while your conversation history gets deleted.

The two positive things about KIK is that it shows that the picture which is sent is made with the KIK app at that moment and you can see if a message is sending (S), Delivered (D) or Read (R).

Personally I like Google chat the best because it works well with google docs, sheets, mail and drive.
You can use it on multiple platforms including Phone, PC and tablet and maybe more I don’t know.
It has no annoying ads which pop up and turn you off when you are having an arousing conversation.
Also it keeps your chat history until one, both or all, in a group chat, want to delete it.
Google chat sends the messages almost instantly and it shows when the other person(s) has read it.

There is no feature that you can see if the picture is made with the Google chat app, as far as I know, but I do believe there are different methods you can use to make sure the person has made the picture at that moment. And then there is always trust especially if you know each other better.
There are probably other, free, message apps out there but I like to use Google chat so that's why I ranted about that. KIK is the most used but I have no clue why.

I am interested in what you all have to say about it and what you like to use and why.
Sweex is offline   Reply With Quote