Thread: Fiction: My Sister's Friends
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #280
FLCL

Chapter 47

We kept in touch by text message for the next couple of days. Lindsay didn't want us to say anything out of the ordinary in text in case someone looked at one of our phones so, instead, she would call me if she had a special command or wanted to talk about something privately. She also told me that her mom had grilled her about me after I left. Her mom wanted to know if we were dating, if things were serious, what we were doing up there in Lindsay's bedroom. Lindsay had told her mom that we were just friends but that she liked me and hoped I would ask her on a date.

"I'm sorry. I panicked," Lindsay explained. "She kept asking questions and I didn't know what to say. I was trying to be vague but I needed to say something to get her to drop it."

I told her, "You don't need to apologize, my Queen. You can tell her whatever you need to tell her about us. I have your back."

Lindsay and I continued to hang out and I continued to get to know her and her mom better. At first, I snuck over when her mom was away on a date or out with friends. But after a couple tries, we started hanging out at Lindsay's house even when her mom was around. We discovered that Becky didn't seem to mind Lindsay and me spending time together.

Lindsay's mom didn't go on dates very often anyway, which made it difficult to organize our meetups around that. Whenever Becky would come home from a date, she'd complain to Lindsay, and me if I happened to still be there, about how she didn't have any connection with this latest guy. She just wanted to find a "decent man." She was clearly lovesick from lack of whatever kind of attention she was looking for. I remember looking at a picture of her from when she looked to be in her early 20s; it was hanging in the upstairs hallway. She looked very happy and she was absolutely gorgeous. I thought she was probably pining for those days of her youth.

As I spent more time at Lindsay's house, her mom became a lot friendlier and more familiar with me. Lindsay and I would intend to sneak off and engage in our secret Queen / subject relationship and her mom would insist that we play some board game or have dinner with her. More often than not, we'd indulge her. Lindsay was often frustrated with her mom but she didn't want her to be sad and lonely while we were off having fun. So we'd scrap our plans and reluctantly agree to "just one more round" of cards or whatever until it was time for me to leave Lindsay's house unsatisfied.

Eventually, the situation started to get awkward. I think Lindsay's mom was starting to point some of her unquenched desire for male intimacy in my direction. When I'd arrive at Lindsay's house, her mom would hug me tightly against her. She would make comments that it was "nice to have a man around the house" and that I was "a very handsome young man." And she would ask me to do something around the house, like take out the trash or move some furniture, and afterward she would squeeze my arm or touch my back and thank me for my "muscles." Lindsay was starting to get visibly annoyed by it and I was worried that it was going to lead to an argument.