Thread: SM Advice.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #39
LadyCeleste

I want to sincerely apologise for not being more active. It's been a little hectic in my life as of late.

Hi, so I'm in a newish relationship (3 months) and my partner and I consider ourselves to be switchy, with myself being a little top/dom heavier, and she being a bit more bottom/sub heavier. As I'm the more experienced player, we've done a scene or three with edgeplay and other things, both of us sort of feeling out her kinks. However, my sub has been going through some major stressful life transitions (moving, figuring out her career, etc) and the play has been put temporarily on hold. Also, these changes have caused a lot of insecurities in myself to come roaring to the surface, and I've not been shy about (maturely) and openly expressing them. However, now that things are settling down, a bit of insecurity remains in me and I'm wondering if she'll ever see me as the slick and sexy dom before all of these transitions, and indeed, if I'll ever regain the confidence to top her or if my expressing my insecurities has "ruined" our play and the illusion of me being a controlled, confident top.

The thing you need to understand is that all of us have insecurities within us. Even those of us who been doms or subs for long periods of time have insecurities. It's all a matter of how you deal with them. If you and your submissive are as good together as you seem, then she will always look at you in the same light. But the thing you have to remember is to bring up how you're feeling when you two aren't in session and do it in a way so that she realises that you aren't attacking her, but rather expressing frustration or something that is bothering you.

That is really the best way to handle something like this. If you're honestly concerned that she won't look at you in the same light, then you really need to tell her and say "I don't want this to drive a wedge between us."
I DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN TORD. I AM NOT HERE FOR THAT. DO NOT ASK.

Last edited by LadyCeleste; 05-04-2011 at 05:12 PM.