View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:38 AM   #13
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...
Default One fateful day 8

Time wasn't flying fast enough for Frank. Not that he was in any hurry, but he was expecting something to happen, after all.

He was sitting on a bench inside the Carrefour, staring into Danielle's eyes as she was talking about anything that came to mind.

"...and so, she came over to my desk, and asked if she could borrow my notes. Now, normally, I would have said yes, but given what she'd done to me, I wasn't sure if I should."
"uh-huh."
"But I decided to lend her my notes anyway. Sure enough, as expected, when the time came for her to give them back to me, she forgot them, of course."
"Of course."
"So I had to press on her... I even followed her home that night, that is openly, not stalking or anything, and I forced her to hand my notes back. The nerve of some people."
"Well, given what you've told me, your table partner didn't seem very considerate."
"She wasn't... and she still failed the test, so I think she's out of the progam."
"Still, too bad for her."
"Oh! I know..."

There was a short pause.

"Listen to me, talking my mouth off... you know, there's a way you could shut me up."

Frank laughed.

"I just like the sight of your lips moving..."

He leaned in, and she leaned further against him. Their lips met, gently at first, then with a bit more passion. Their kiss was long and intense.

"You're all right with me kissing you, right?"
"Danielle! Of course!"
"It's just... I don't know how to take you."
"As I am?"
"I mean, we've been dancing around each other for months... and just because we lost track of each other for six years does not mean I didn't still have some feelings for you in the interim."
"Same here... let's not rush anything, and let's not hold back either. Let's just... go with the flow."
"I like that."

Danielle got up.

"I want to go somewhere else."
"Where to?"
"Are there any arcades in town?"
"There used to be, but they closed up. Some people were selling drugs there, and the police got involved. It got nasty."
"Bummer. I really wanted to play some DDR or something like that."
"Well... we could always go to the university gym?"
"Maybe... play some badminton, or something? Mind you, I'm not dressed for it, but I don't really care."
"That would be fun..."

It was so difficult for Frank to keep stalling.

"Let's go see when the next bus is."
"Okay."

Danielle grabbed his hand and started walking towards the bus stop just outside the main gate - Frank was walking with no haste in order to slow her down a little. Danielle slowed her pace to walk alongside him.

"You seem completely gone."
"What do you mean?"
"You're all sluggish and slow and... slow."
"I'm enjoying the moment I guess."

They reached the bus billboard and Danielle started looking.

"Ooh! We have one in ten minutes. Going to university."

Frank said nothing. As Danielle moved towards the exit, Frank's cellphone rang. He picked it up quickly and answered.

"Hello."

Words were said. Frank nodded slightly.

"Sure. That's fine. Uh-huh. Great."

His face betrayed no emotions. He hung up and turned to Danielle.

"Do you trust me?"
"Silly. Of course I do."
"Come here."

Danielle moved back towards Frank.

"I want you to close your eyes."
"Sure."

She did so. She waited.

Suddenly, she felt lips against hers, a fresh kiss, that tasted like watermelon. She was stunned and she opened her eyes, only to stare into Rita's eyes.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!"
"Hiya love!"

Danielle jumped into Rita's arms, her eyes and mouth wide with surprise. Her best friend was there - early. So that was why Frank had been stalling! She immediately forgave him - not that there really was anything to forgive.

"Oh my God! Rita! You're here."
"I am. Keep some for later."

Danielle let her go. Jacques was standing not far behind her. Danielle gave him a big hug as well, then raced back to Frank, hugging and kissing him.

"Thank you, thank you."
"You're happy?"
"Happy? I'm ecstatic."

Jacques extended his hand to Frank and they shook.

"It's nice to finally meet you."
"Likewise."

Rita went into Jacques' arms. All eyes turned to her belly. She raised her shirt to expose the rounded skin.

"Wow... you're so round."
"Danielle!"
"What? You're also beautiful..."
"Thank you."

Jacques spoke up.

"So... what's the plan?"
"Nothing so far, " Frank answered.
"Want to play some badminton?" Danielle asked.

There was a pause, but everyone agreed.

"Where can we play?" Rita inquired.
"University gym. I have a pass, so I can let us in. We can rent the equipment."
"Sounds good. We can take my car."
"Great."

Everything was settled. The game was on again, a different game, but a game nonetheless, with new players and incentives. And all the while, Danielle could not stop smiling.