Thread: Being a Dom...
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM   #16
Isabell

Default Talk Out of the D/s realationship as well / Reading

Don't be afraid to talk to your sub/slave out side of the bounds of your Master/slave relationship. Take the time to talk to him/her as a person, in other words your equal. This should be done on a regular basis. At the very least once a week. This helps to keep building the trust between you.

Why should you talk out side the bounds of your Master/slave relationship? Not all sub/slaves have learned how to speak their mind to you as a sub/slave. This is something that takes some time to learn how to do. It also takes some thought as to say what you want with out being disrespectful to your owner. Not all subs/slaves will tell you what is going on in their head during a session. Take the time to find out what they liked, disliked and totally loathed. Find out why they have those reactions. The reason why is sometimes a sub/slave is so fixed on pleasing you they will tell you what they think you want to hear.

When I use the term "reading" here I am talking about reading into the reactions that your sub/slave has. As you get to know one another well, you start to pick up on their their little quirks. Such as when your sub is happy they will great you with a "HI Master!" But if your sub is feeling a little down they may use "Hello, Master." It's the little things that let you know what is really going on. Knowing how to read these things over the internet is tricky and takes longer than if you were meeting in person. If you are able to use a web cam both ways, pay attention to their body language, the sound of their voice, how they use their eyes, have their breathing changed. These little things will help you to know when they are enjoying what is being done to them or if you are crossing the line into the unwanted pain. By the way a good sub/slave will read their Master/Mistress as well.