Thread: Fiction: Roommates
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #2
Lushrant
getDare Sweetheart

Chapter 2

The next few days were fairly uneventful, as Julia settled into her new home. She had purposely jived in a few weeks before school started so that she had time to settle in before she had to worry about classes. She had chatted back and forth some with her roommates but felt she didn’t get the chance to know them or connect with them as much as she would like so far. So on Friday night, when they invited her along to a party, she was and quickly took them up on the opportunity.

All Julia knew about college parties was what she had seen on tv and movies, however she dismissed that and told herself she wouldn’t do anything she wasn’t comfortable with. She put on her nicest outfit and hopped in the rideshare with Allie and Reagan to head to the party.

“Are you much of a partier?” Allie asked her, in the back of the car.
Julia laughed “Not at all.”
“Well maybe we can get you out of you shell a bit” Reagan stated, as all 3 girls laughed.

They pulled up to the party and to no surprise to Julia, it was exactly what she expected. There was loud music, no shortage of people making out and getting frisky with each other, and plenty of alcohol.
“You want a drink?” Allie offered Julia.
“No thanks.” She said “I don’t drink.”
“Well try to have some fun, we’ll come find you in a bit”

After about an hour of small talk with people she didn’t know, it was clear to Julia that she didn’t belong at this party. She pulled out her phone and sent a group message to her roommates:
“I’m not really feeling it. I’m going to call a ride and head back.”:
“Noooooo!!!” Allie responded
“It’s okay.” Reagan responded “Me neither. Let’s all head back and just have girls night at the house”.
“Meet you up front” Allie said

All girls got up front and got in the ride to go home.
“I was kicking ass at beer pong when you texted and made me forfeit.” Allie teased.
“Well we can play when we get home, you down Julia?” Reagan asked
“No thanks, I don’t drink.” Julia reminded them again.
“It’s cool, you can play and we’ll do the drinking. C’mon it will be fun!” Reagan begged
“Okay, I’ll give it a go! But you have to show me how to play” said Julia
“Deal!”

They soon arrived at home, and girls night began!
Lushrant is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Lushrant for this post: