View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:19 AM   #5
theone
getDare Succubus

You can edit posts for a few days after you make them. After that they become permanent.
I am guessing, but I think that it would be too problematic to grant users too much power to edit and delete past posts. The power would almost certainly be abused by some and that would have consequences on the functionality of the getDare database. It would become messy. I believe that’s the reason why they do not allow users to delete accounts instead they implement a pertinent ban.

The best plan would be to remove any evidence pointing to your real identity. That would be pictures of your face, D.O.B., real name, contact information etc. You can do a lot of that yourself from your profile.

I can certainly understand your concerns in your future ambitions. There are other real concerns too in regards to identity theft. Identity thieves need only basic information like name and D.O.B. to begin their destructive work.

From what I have seen in my time on the site, Depp and the mods seem to be quite approachable, responsible and helpful. I am sure Depp would be helpful in getting any information that might lead to real damage to you, removed from the site. As long as you approach Depp or the mods politely and respectfully, with a realistic request, then I don’t think you will have problems.

If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals
interpreted by your brain. Morpheus (The Matrix).

Will Try: Tea
Limits: Will not eat baby food.

Last edited by theone; 03-09-2011 at 04:22 AM.
The following user says Thank You to theone for this post: