Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #1061
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

I didn't mind "The Lonely God" until RTD over-did it. Also, John Simm fucks me off. His Master was good, but the writing let it down. And CGI-lazer-bolt-firey-freak? No. That's not the Master. What the fuck was that? RTD having a wankfest, clearly. And then Simm hammed it up beyond belief. The sooner we get a new Master, the better. It was also, IMO, an awful regeneration. The music was OTT, the last words were, frankly, pathetic, and I just kept wanting him to fuck off, especially after the last 20 minutes he'd spent wandering around staring mildly at people.

Personally, I hope Moffat doesn't go for LOUD AND EPIC. I think, actually, he'll settle for a quieter regeneration (maybe in a similar vein to Nine, or even Three-Four). To try and top each new regeneration would be stupid (ala series finales). Just my opinion of course.

I like S3 Tennant and part of S4 Tennant. The rest is OTT rubbish, IMO. Too many catchphrases, too many fanwanky spasms, too much "I'm quirky like Tom Baker" moments and, for me, this was a man playing the Doctor. Matt just *is* the Doctor, whereas I felt Tennant was always "the quirky fanboy pretending". ALLONS-Y, yawn.

If I was asked to write Tennant's swansong, I probably would've had a quieter story, a one-part mini-epic. Actually, no. I'd have him regenerate at the end of "The Waters of Mars" - a consequence of his arrogance, without the chance to redeem himself.

The Other is a fanwanky thing from "Lungbarrow". In its most basic description, he's from the Ancient Time and was a man who eventually went on to become the Doctor.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote