View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
sciencegal

Information Example Play

Example Play:
For this example, 5 people join the expedition party: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Purple. When the starting time comes, the gate will slam shut behind you and Mistress Maze will appear.

Mistress Maze: Welcome to the maze. You may go left or right.
Blue: I think we should go right.
Red: I agree. The expedition wishes to travel right.
Mistress Maze: You may go left, right, or down. ((Note, you will always have an option to retrace your steps))
Yellow: The expedition wishes to travel right.
Mistress Maze: You may go up, down, or right.
Purple: I think we should go right.
Red: I disagree. I think we should go down.
Green: The expedition wishes to travel down.
Mistress Maze: You have reached a dead end occupied by one of my minions. In order to escape him, you will need to spank your ass 100 times with a belt or ruler.

*Here, the game will not move forward until 5 reports are submitted within 48 hours.
*Once the reports are posted in the thread, Mistress Maze will resume the game.

Mistress Maze: You may go right.
Red: The expedition wishes to travel right.
Mistress Maze: You may travel down, right, or up.

And so on. You can see how getting hints when you start to feel lost can be helpful. Your position will never be reset, so you will need to retrace your steps when you veer off course or hit a dead end.

I have attached an image of the maze used in this example. Players start at the top. The red line indicates the correct path. The purple circles indicate the places that players will be given a choice by Mistress Maze. The teal squares are minions.

You can see that a choice is not given for one-way paths, e.g., to get to the minion encountered above (orange X), the players did not need to select every single twist of the path leading to a dead end as the only choices are to continue the path or turn around. If the player wishes to turn around, they can do so once the dead end is reached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8 by 8 orthogonal maze.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	7961  

Last edited by sciencegal; 06-05-2018 at 12:03 PM.
sciencegal is offline   Reply With Quote