View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 AM   #18
Siren
getDare Succubus

First of all, I think this thread is a really good idea given how popular add threads are, so this kind of feedback should be really useful for a lot of people

For me personally, I'm particularly interested in threads from people I'm friends with because it's always fun playing around with people you already know, but I also like looking at random add threads because they are a simple way of interacting with new people and giving tasks without having to be creative. Seeing as this simplicity is something I like, I'm put off by threads which have a lot of options, or the options are difficult to understand, or they involve lots of complex tasks, but I understand why other people might like the chance to give more complicated dares, although I personally feel like add threads aren't really the best place for that. I also like having the option to post reductions because I think that makes things a bit more interesting without having to add complex rules.

I'm also not too fussed about seeing reports or the like- it's nice if the poster includes them, but I don't get too hung up on whether they're carrying out the dares or not, although I suspect I'm probably in the minority with that.

Another thing that doesn't affect the likelihood of me responding to a thread is its age or the amount of posts. As long as a thread is still active I'm willing to respond, but I wouldn't usually participate in threads that don't correspond to my limits at all. I don't like to give tasks for things that fall outside my own likes because it doesn't interest me and because I don't feel able to give good tasks based around kinks I have no experience with.

One thing that really puts me off personally is wholly unrealistic threads where the tasks snowball into something ridiculous and repetitive like 2000 edges- I feel like some threads could do with better limits (number of posts per person per day, time frame for the thread, etc). That being said, I know it can be difficult to keep rules concise and ensure they're enforced, but I think it's worth it if it means the thread is actually doable. Another issue with rules is making them visible seeing as you can only edit your original post for a short while until it gets locked, so perhaps a link to a blog post containing the rules would be useful. Some people still won't bother to check it, naturally, but they'll have less of an excuse

And finally, I agree with RiskyFlame's point about keeping a count going- add threads can get pretty confusing, particularly when people just say how much they're adding without actually adding it to the total. Oh, and like Lola said, a competitive edge makes things a lot more interesting.

I didn't mean to write quite this much but I hope some of it's useful for you

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more

Last edited by Siren; 04-25-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Siren for this post: