View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #15
Cstelle
gD Curio

What your favourite alcoholic drink?

I don't know what to say. I drink a lot of beer - because, well, it's easy. Right now I'm having all kinds of wonderful adventures with sour beers! A year ago I didn't even know they existed!

But once in a while I want a whisky - in which case I want a nice, balanced single malt (I don't like the peaty or oversmoky stuff!) like Glengoyne. Very, very mellow. Won't upset anyone. Neutral. In a nice way. (Which doesn't mean that my palate can't also handle stronger tastes - but then I want a few drops of water with it.)

But every good dinner should begin (and this will freak you out: also END!) with a clean, plain vodka, or (better yet - but depending on what you are eating) akvavit. (Caveat: the myriads of flavourings make akvavit a mine field!) Of course: vodka is also excellent for cleaning the palate between courses!

Wines do little for me - but there are some incredibly good ones out there. I'm told. (Wouldn't dare to speak on this matter.)

Mixed drinks... I tend to love them all! But, then, that's the point of them. They were invented to hide the taste of bad/unclean alcohol (or quinine, etc), so they taste great.

Or tequila, with salt and lemon/lime on the side? Or a nice bitter after you've overeaten?

Ooooooooooh... and I *so* didn't mean to drink tonight!

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote