Thread: Ask about Islam
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcitycity View Post
90% of all islamic comments publically have been all about interoleranance and domination of women or similar... the moderates of islam rarely fight the extemeists...and this colors what the religion is about.
Where? In the media? I'll give you a rhetorical question. What makes more news, an Imam preaching peace and respect for women or someone saying "kill women". It's of course the latter. I'm afraid from reading your reply, you are the victim of the great thing that is called media. Post 9/11 and the 7/7 attacks in London - all the Muslim assocations here condemned the attack but they didn't get in the news yet if you looked on their site, it was there for all to see. The mosques I went to that Friday after each event all condemened the attacks, something that was echoed over most of the Muslim word. I accept that not every Muslim condemned it but I can assure you that the vast majority did. Just because you can not see that happening, it doesn't mean that it isn't. Again it's just stereotyping.

Quote:
Also, of the muslims I do know, I know several who are secretly christian but publically muslim soley to protect family still in middle east... its a fact that their family will be murdered if they are found out to be part of a christian family.
How long did you work in the Middle East? How many such killings did you see? In most Middle Eastern and Asian countries, there are churches and there are Christian minorities who practice their faith without interference at all. Honour killings by the by are more cultural rather than religous. Christians/Jews are "People of the Book" and it's writen in the Qur'an that these people shall not be abused because they believe in the same God.

Quote:
The experience includes direct association by me with friends/family members who had to 'dump' their relationship with a islamic spouse, per the spouses insistance on taking the kids to middle east to visit family (90% of those kids never come back, as documented).
Care to provide the document? Sorry but that's bolocks. I have two friends from uni who are mixed race and have been to Pakistan without issue. My cousin has married a Christian guy and has visited Pakistan without any issue. Would like to see the evidence of this because it sounds like more media related lies.

Quote:
When a major leader/preacher/etc.... promotes murder or similar and even insists on sharia law ... its obvious that they are basterdizing the religion to suit their political goals and not the faith.
Exactly so why are you calling Islam a violent and intolerant religion? (Though there are very few "major" leaders).

Quote:
But note, that both koran and bible both promote violence in context.
Self-defense it promotes, not violence. Out of context it may promote violence.

Quote:
I confronted two popular christian converts who were known to be converts to christianity till I found out they were still financing major efforts in middle east to help terrorists.
No offence but so far in your post, you know terrorists, a person whose wife was murdered under Sharia law, a person who has lost their kids in the Middle East and someone who has been threatened to be murdered. You'll accept that I am finding this a bit hard to believe.

Anyway, as I said at the start. If you want to "bash" the religion then this isn't the thread for it. You can PM me if you want.

Last edited by Pingu; 08-13-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote