Thread: Ask about Islam
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Pingu
Be afraid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellybell View Post
What are the basic beliefs? I know next to nothing about the religion.
Islam means peace/submission. It's declaration of faith is that there is only one God and Prophet Muhammad as his Messenger. Its said to be one of the three religions from Moses (the other two being Judaism and Christianity). Islam believes that the Torah and the Bible were "tainted" and the Qur'an is the only correct book. Hence why Islam shares a lot of figures with these two religions.

There are 5 Pillars of Islam. You must pray 5 times a day, you must complete a pilgrimage to Makkah (holy city) once in your lifetime, you must fast one month a year, you must give 2.5% of your earnings to charity and believe in the declaration of faith.

That's pretty much a very short overview!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Isn't it true that Jesus have some kind of significance in the Islam or was I just imagining things

Edit: Btw, very good topic Pingu.
He does indeed. Muslims believe him to be one of 25 Prophets who came to Earth and he is one of the most revered. Whereas Christians believe that he is the Son of God, Muslims just believe that he was "human" and a Prophet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 444 View Post
Okay... Lets start with...

YOU'RE MUSLIM? O_O COOL.
Yes I am (Sorry I missed that question before)

Last edited by Pingu; 08-12-2010 at 03:24 PM.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote