View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #29
TheoDares
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedgiebondagebabe View Post
Editing, I forgot something.

I understand where you are coming from on mental illness. There are people who use it as an excuse, people who have fake service animals and a variety of different scenarios. At the same time, who are we to judge who is real and who is fake. Sure there might be some obvious cases, but at the same time, for example, someone can say they are suicidal for the attention, and they may not be suicidal, but they may have some other underlying situation such as being depressed and not wanting to get to that point so they use it as a call for help.

I do agree things like trigger words and safe spaces have gone a bit to far, but at the same time, it is important to realize the value of these as well. We still warn people for gore, intense content, strobe lights and lasers for seizure (or is it stroke) hazards, and many more things. We have safe spaces such as women's resource centers, rainbow centers, and club rooms for different races and ethnicities. And while people think they are racist, it just means a space for like minded people to come together. In fact, getDare can be a safe space for all of us with kinks who want to feel like we belong. I want trigger warnings if someone is going to show me something with needles, knife play, and blood. I want the option to say I cannot watch this. In turn I also feel people have taken this to a bit of the extreme. I.E. Going to something you know will offend/trigger you and still doing it anyways. We as a population simply do things we do not want to do so we can complain about them afterwards and try to take it away from everyone.

With that being said, I think it is very important to mention and end with, most of us are not mental health professionals, which you use as a counter argument, but in the case of my argument, it also means we cannot prove and disprove who actually has mental illnesses. We simply do not know because someone may be good at hiding it, have a different way of handling it, or be completely open. I wish there was an easier way to rule out the people faking, but to my knowledge, there is not. You simply need to find the people you feel the best with in your life and it someone feels negative and toxic then let them go.
Agree with pretty much everything you've said there. It defo has gone far. I don't for a minute want to invalidate Mental Health. I'm well aware that it exists, as I said - I've had three diagnoses in the past, though one I'm having a second opinion on as I'm not sure I agree with it; and safe spaces are okay, but I like how you touched upon the offence point.

Everyone seems to want to be offended these days, and that comes back to the point I made earlier about how we are becoming a society of victims, and I do think a lot of this can be drawn back to liberal principles and ideas.

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote