Thread: Non-Fiction: A Tale of Many Bets
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
Demon Thief
getDare Devil

Chapter Four

I have had some bad hands in my time, but boy, this was the worst.

I had a two, a three, a five, a seven, and a ten. It was a shame they weren't all the sane suit, otherwise I could win this round. I sighed and started to show my cards, but before I could, Damien threw his down and said, "I fold."

"What? Why?" I asked.

"My hand sucks," he said.

"So did mine," I replied, and showed him my cards. His eyebrows shot up and he exclaimed, "I could have won that round!"

"Why, what'd you have?"

"A pair of twos!" he replied.

"I guess my luck must be changing. Now we're one to one."

He said nothing in reply to my comment, but gathered up his cards and dealt them out again. This time, I had a really good hand. I had three queens, an ace, and a ten. I looked over at Damien, who showed me a pair of aces.

"Good," I said, and Damien began to smile. "But not good enough," I added as I showed him my three queens. I was now winning this. One more win for me, and the game was mine.

Damien dealt out the cards again. I looked at mine and I saw a five, a six, two jacks, and an ace. Decent hand, but I was pretty sure Damien had a better one. To prove my point, he showed me his cards and he had two fives and two tens.

"I guess you win this one," I sai, as I showed him my pair of jacks.

"We're tied," he said, as he dealt out the cards for the last time.

I looked at my hand. I had a full house with two kings and three fives. I knew I had this. There was no way Damien could beat this hand.

I showed my cards. Damien looked pretty surprised. Then he showed me all of his. All I saw was a two, a three, a four, a five, and a six. Also, all his cards were the same suit.

He had gotten a straight flush, no small feat in the poker world. I've only seen two other people accomplish this since I started playing, and I was one of them.

"Looks like I win," Damien said, as I wondered what I was in for...
And when the entire mountain is chiseled away then the first second of eternity will have passed."
You must think that's a hell of a long time.
Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

14 years on GetDare!

Last edited by Demon Thief; 07-21-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Wanted to add more
Demon Thief is offline   Reply With Quote