View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 12:58 PM   #14
sir sam
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn View Post
Sometimes, timing is everything....
Sooooo...... I did 90 minutes of cornertime for the Girls' Team.

As usual, it took me some time to find the right moment. I didn't want to "waste" my first stand with some little time, so I waited for the weekend, the night, and two free hours.

Within few minutes, I'm ready to start, happy to be "back in action". Touching the wall with the nose is no more required, apparently, so I "betrayed" my usual spot near the wall for a real corner. At first, I stay very close, then I start to think "What if a spider....?" (yes, I'm very good at scare me by myself...) and I have to step a little back. Better.
I try to follow my usual routine, but this time I can't. I have to keep my eyes open to keep balance. Anyway, this doesn't prevent my mind to think about billions things... remember songs, make plans... somehow, it's even easier... Let's face the fact: I can't get bored. I just think too much. I remember - about 20 years ago - a medical check-up, something about my brain activity... They told me to relax and stay still, and I closed my eyes and tried to think about pleasant things. And they "No no, you're too tense.... relax!" What?!?!?!... Ok, focus on my breath... in... out... in... out... "Ok, now's good...." Great. Only that I'm not "relaxed", I'm focusing hard on just one thought. Anyway...
I start to "feel" my shoulders... very stiff, a little sore... but it's not that bad, not yet. I can keep my hands behind my back. All in all, I'm fine, relaxed, good mood... I'm fighting for my team now, and yes, I'm happy.
Sure, cornertime is never easy, but it'll end soon. Come on, it's even shorter than my first contribution.
Piece of cake.

Er... actually, not so much. Maybe I don't get bored, but I do get tired. It's late, and I'd like go to sleep, in a warm, cozy bed.... And I want my pants back. It's night, there are 14 C° outside, and my butt is naked. I'm cold!!!...

And I miss my little, spider-proof spot near the wall. Next time - if there will be a next time - I'll do my cornertime there, I promise.....

Ah! Finally!!... My alarm rings. Done!!! YEY!!!!......

Now, Boys will have to work much harder......

Girls: 160 minutes
Boys: 45 minutes

Have a nice week
Heee great!
I was expecting you to contributie.
It’s really Nice.
Sure itwas boring Again.
Good written report.
I really like that you did your time for me again.
The boys definitely have a hard time to keep up now.

Proud owner of sweet little pet

Want to read? my pets 2016-awarded story