View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 08:17 PM   #200
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consensus View Post
She has but scanned the thread and she feels that you come across as sincere and a decent person. She believes that, perhaps, you are too hard on yourself and notes that you seem to have friends and acquaintances here - which she is equally sure that you are aware of.
YES. Well said.
Overall a fabulous post.
Touches me deeply.
I will resist commenting further except to say that these paragraphs are useful for all who tend to sit back and not get involved.

(Only a wee bit Aspergerish, my nuances are elsewhere. )
(Brave of both of you to discuss so openly like this.)
(Sorry to comment in your thread, Matt!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consensus View Post
Consider this, however, you will have spent your entire life observing and studying human beings in a way that most people have not. You will therefore be more likely to spot real emotions and real desires, even the ones that people feel they are not broadcasting, in real life. It is possibly from this that the awkwardness springs - you react to things people don't know they're putting out and try to treat others as you yourself would be treated (most people are really poor at this). This is not a failing, but it is incredibly hard to deal with (and why is she telling you this like you don't already know).
No questions - too many thoughtful questions and answers here now.

Last edited by MarvHarvey; 07-12-2017 at 08:20 PM.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote