Thread: Fiction: The Velvet Web
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:08 AM   #12
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Default #3

WHEN GIRLS GOSSIP

Gaby wasn’t a gossip, but her friend Kate was. And, conveniently for this narrative, she was on Facebook at the same time as Gaby on this Monday morning. Also conveniently for this narrative, she was a member of getDare just like Tom. In fact, she’d been on the site a lot longer than Tom had been, he having only joined up two months ago. For the last month, Kate had been talking to Tom through the getDare forum and had started daring him. Kate, too, was 17 but attended a different college to Gaby and Tom. Tom suspected nothing. He knew nothing of Kate, only having access to her age and username, “MistressK”.

Kate wasn’t a mistress, by the way. She just liked that title and went with it and, besides, it automatically gave her some power over guys which was fun.

Tom logged on and viewed his thread.

“17/M seeking dares to cure boredom” – four stars, two replies. One was Kate and the other was a freakshow, “WedgiePoop”. He ignored that one. I’m not even gunna say what his dare was. Ugh. Anyway. Kate’s dare was thus:

I dare you to go for a walk in a nearby woodland. Five minutes in, stop and strip completely naked. Leave your clothes in a white carrier bag and walk onwards for five minutes. Then, head back and re-dress before heading home for more dares.

Simple.

However, behind this simple dare was a trap. Kate had planned this. She knew today would be the day she’d get Gaby and Tom together. But not as boyfriend and girlfriend, oh no. A twinkle in her eye, Kate logged into Facebook at 8am. Tom was still in bed at this point, but Gaby was awake and sorted. The two began chatting. However, not knowing when Tom would be performing his dare, Kate took no time at all to start at the beginning and she began revealing her plan to Gaby. Gaby, having seen Tom a few times across the college refectory, knew he was alright-looking and laughed at her friend’s little revelation.

“But how do you know which woodland he’ll go to?”
“Come on Gabz, he’s lazy. He’ll go to the one by Green Grass Park coz it’s nearest!!”
“You’ve got this all worked out, haven’t you?”
“I have and dya know what i didnt think youd believe me but you havent questioned it yet..”
“Wasn’t going to.”
“So are ya gunna go down there, see if you can spot him?”
“If I do though, what next?”
“Gab, use your imagination. I have to go tho bcoz im at work in ten, text me what happens x”

And before Gaby could respond, Kate logged out.

Gaby just stared at her screen in awe. She didn’t know what to say, what to think, how to react. She glanced at the clock to her right. Half past eight. She hadn’t a clue, but Tom was headed down to Green Grass Park at half nine. She had an hour in which she’d decide what to do. If anything. It all sounded mad, but she trusted her best friend and she knew this was something Kate would be capable of. The idea did a few laps of her mind before settling down and reaching a decision. As the clock hit 8:43am, she slipped into her shoes and flew out of the door. She still had no plan and still half-wondered whether all this was real or a crazy story, but she headed out with the hopes of catching a half-decent guy getting naked.
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote