View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 09:45 PM   #250
qt31415926
Distinguished Member

Rainbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmu View Post
Wow qt31415926 that was amazing. Never thought to use cornertime for something productive like that! Every time I was put in a time out I just let my mind float. I have to try it sometime. Still a beginner in chess so I'll have to something else, maybe review the different shell theories or try to figure out why my codes are not working lol.(sorry sir sam, another occasion 2h35 is way over the limit for me)
Someone may be able to imprison the body, but the mind remains free. Perhaps it is the soul that remains free. Happiness is a choice. We can take any predicament and have a choice on how to perceive it.

I can say that 'boring' corner times are best for solving problems. There is clarity, and the world seems smaller. The trick to solving problems is making them smaller and biting off smaller pieces. You can't eat a whole elephant at once.

Being on tip toes, arms out parallel to the floor, pee holding or other strenuous predicaments are much harder. At least for me. At the same time they feel more submissive.

As for doing chess, it is not as hard as it sounds. You may have a book shelf that stays static in the arrangement of nick knacks and books. If they have been there for months or years then you remember all the places without actually looking at the book shelf. You can probably picture what is directly above, beside and below. Practice moving them around, and keeping track of where each main piece is. Start with few pieces and add as time grows.

In chess, there is a finite board of 8x8 squares. The board is left to right labeled 'a' through 'h' in files. The rows are numbered from 1 to 8 from the white side. The square to the right is always the light color and makes a diagonal to the top left. The square on the far left is a dark color and follow the diagonal to the top right. You now know (16 squares) 25% of the color of the squares on the board. Since you know that each square touching the diagonal must be the opposite color. That is another 28 squares or 34 of the 64 total squares. The queen goes on her own color and the king beside her is on the opposite (38 squares). Then the religious bishops that are next to the royalty.

First, learn the color of all the squares. Test and verify. Then use a bishop to move around in your head. Take left and right turns and move backwards (most common mistake for chess players is to see backward bishop moves or threats). Then move rooks around the board (easier, but you can change colors). Then move knights around. A knight will always change colors from starting to ending square, and always be attacking on the same color it originated in a circle, or part of a circle. Placing coins on squares a knight can go, is an easy way to visualize. Bishops make triangles, and rooks make rectangles.

All problems are much easier broken down into smaller elements.

LIKES/LIMITS

TORTURE ACADEMY GRADUATE

Red team: RvB (4-0)
Boys vs Girls (2-0)
Holding games (2-0)

Last edited by qt31415926; 05-03-2017 at 01:57 PM.
The following 2 users say Thank You to qt31415926 for this post: