View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #9
Stict Irish Master

I thought I would finally come out of the shadows and try to contribute, in as much as I can, to this site......so where better place to start than a topic close to my heart!

As a Dom, I have often, in moments of reflection, asked myself what it is about pain, and in my case, providing it, that is such a turn on? Outside the lifestyle, I avoid situations where conflict and violence have the potential to arise. Politically, I am anti-war, and a pacifist...and yet, hand me a whip/brush/belt/wand and a willing, consensual submissive girl, and I am in heaven! Why?

For me, like most activities I enjoy most in this lifestyle, the base and key significance is physiological....the knowledge that I am capable of inflicting what, for most people, is a taboo.....and most importantly, that what I capable of is not only wanted, but in some cases needed, by the sub I am inflicting pain on. Most of my subs have enjoyed pain play in some form, and as a result I find I do not regularly use pain-play as a punishment, but as an element in the scene or play. Perversely, I therefore enjoy inflicting pain far more as a reward than a punishment, if that makes sense?

Pain plays a large role in my enjoyment of the lifestyle, but not the key component - often, I find the threat of pain, or in some cases the withdrawal of it, is as if not more effective in play.

I hope I have made sense in this post - this is a subject that over the years I have given a lot of thought too, and it is refreshing to find an outlet to discuss this with intelligent, thought provoking others.
Stict Irish Master is offline   Reply With Quote