View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 06:06 AM   #7
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman7575 View Post
No i dont think they will. And yeah. But they are in the chat for 5 minutes. Get no hits and leave. Then try again later. I find it amusing!
maybe but i dont think its amusing to them when no one answers them
I am perfectly fine with that, actually. They get as much as they give. But I don't stress myself over such trivial things. Like you said, it's a one-liner and they don't clog up the chat, so not really spam-ish. Besides, you may think that they leave the chat room empty handed when, in fact, they might've been contacted via a private message within the chat. Just a quick TeamViewer or Kik details will do and they move their conversation to there.

Actually, I believe the people with one-liners get what they are looking for: a quick fix. Otherwise, they would've written a more proper multiple-liner, wouldn't you think? Unless they lack the motivation to do so, of course. But I can hardly motivate them if I don't know they lack this, meaning that I (personally) have never received a message to help them.

However, I do get irritated when someone posts (the same) one-liners all over the forum and chat rooms. For instance, someone who posts his TeamViewer details in a dozen threads within a couple of minutes. But for as long as this doesn't happen, let the people post one-liners if it gets them results.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote