Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #210
monk
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via MSN to monk

Love Doctor Who but.....

Daleks... TOOO SOOOOON! Really should have wait maybe a whole season so no one was thinking about them and seriously why put them in the advert it left nothing for a surprise. I do like the colours though, that was needed, but just to clarify Daleks in the third episode, aweful aweful aweful idea!

WW2.... Sigh... Bored.... So many Sci-Fi programs set in WW2, it's just too cheesy now. At least empty child / doctor dances didn't interact with major players.

IMO the best episodes have been the ones which didn't set massive major world events. I don't mind them set in the future e.g. Waters of Mars / Silence in the Library etc... but the moving earth across the universe was a bit excessive for my liking.

Like the look of the whole crack thing although it's a bit excessively obvious at the moment. Bad Wolf was done better as it was something you picked up on subconscious rather than having it rammed down your throat.

Karen 'Amelia "Amy" Pond' Gillan is hot as hell which is great. Although before the series started I was hoping for a male assistant just beacuse there hasn't been one in so long! But then I was also hoping for an older Doctor rather than them keep getting younger, kind of William Hartnell style although Matt Smith seems to be doing a good job.

The next episode should be very good, really really hoping so as the first one was likewise great. My only concern though is that in just four episodes they've:-
  • Introduced a new doctor, companion and Tardis redesign.
  • Major new story arch - the whole crack / Pandora's box (pandorica) thing..
  • Brought back the Daleks.
  • Fixed the horrible fact that everyone has seen aliens and Daleks. - Well done!
  • Interacted with one major historical figure.
  • Brought back the weeping angles.

Seems a tad rushed to me, hoping they don't screw it up as the Steven Moffat has worked on pretty much all the award winning episodes. Hopefully he can keep it going.....

Though I will say at least they appear to have a plan to combat the whole, everyone knows about aliens the worlds been invaded about a million times and no one can really be shocked any more.
doesnt like: Slight Public, Slight Mess (easy clean).
Limits: Poop, Family, Extreme Pain, Messy, Public.
monk is offline   Reply With Quote