View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 02:53 AM   #14
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I sometimes think: does this age policy actually work? Well, of course it does. People are more aware when registering that they must be over 18 years old. But this doesn't mean that underaged people don't register at all. Actually, the funny part is that I sometimes recognize underaged people. Well, most of the times this is just a hunch, so I can't really report it.

Scenario... what happens sometimes.

This happens when I interacted with someone who was underaged without knowing it. Simply because he/she lied about his/her age while asking for dares and such. Then after a while I see them again, but this time with a banned account. This takes my interest, since I gave him/her dares, so I go to the ban list and search the account. Reason: underaged. Well, ok than. I never ask for pictures or proof, although a report is always likeable.

Later, probably weeks or a couple of months after the person is banned, I find them back. Well, it's just a hunch. But because this hunch, I take my loop and put in on my screen. I go to both the accounts, the banned one and the new one and compare them. Look at that... Most of the likes are the same and somehow this person lives in the same country as the banned person. And... she is eighteen years old, exactly the age when you are permitted to join getDare.

I don't report these people, because I don't want to bring any one in trouble. The new person says that he/she is 18 years old, so who am I to say that she lies. I think it's his/her own responsibility, not mine.

On the side not: I sometimes read old posts. And so I found out that moderators can compare IP's from multiple accounts with each other. So if the person in thie scenario really is the same as the person from the banned account, then the moderators will find out soon.

I hope I don't break any rules doing what's written here. From what I know, I don't think any of this breaks a rule, because (officially) the person of the new account is 18 years old.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote