View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #42
Gyev

In general, the idea of dealing with fakes is really fine. Unfortunately, not this method. And also it is not the first topic of that kind.

However, I don't know if there is any other option of "verification" instead of doing it by yourself.

When you have a contact with a person you do not know, it is natural to NOT trust that person irreasonably. Small ammount of paranoia is very healthy and understandable. Everyone, who want know more about other person shall aspire to know that person BEFORE you start any kind of "relation". There are many options - there are plenty of topics where you can record your voice and post here, on forum (for example "Accent Challenge", about singing, and about poetry).

Even though you say, dear author of the topic, about "not obligatory" way of verification it will be obligatory anyway. People will assume, that if someone has not participated in such verification, then he/she is not worthy of trust and is probably fake. Males are lesser problem here, because usually women do not need to pretend to be male (because of lack of purpose), but women who do not want send a photo to anyone will have problems.

I don't like idea of "ratings" neither. I am not a person whose main goal on this forum would be gaining some profile friends. I am also not a person, who like to shine with likes and dislikes on signature. I rather want to keep it for myself or share this information in private.

In conclusion - everyone who is interested in seeking someone to "have fun" here should NOT trust everyone in 100%. Should not participate in any stuff before being assured of genuiness of other person. You have private message option, you can deal with it without a problem. If someone do not want to send you a picture, what's the problem? You can explain this person, you can gain trust by sending yours, or you can simply leave that person and seek other one. Even if in theory these options you mention will not be "obligatory", they will be in practise. And this would become invading privacy or kind of discrimation of people who are even less trustful.