View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
inferiorwhiteboi
getDare Devil

First off, please don't apologize for posting that giant wall of text. When describing any situation like that while asking for input, more info is always better to have for those that would offer suggestions. In that regard, thanks for the thorough post.

- Can you have a stable relationship where one of the partner who is a submissive and little, and the other will not touch in this type of 'lifestyle' (she told me that he said; "Love making has to be gentle, loving and caring. How could pain be sexual?")?
In ANY relationship, one of the key factors in keeping it successful is the word "compromise". Whether we're talking about a married couple discussing splurging on leather seats versus a sunroof in their new car, which movie to go to, or the ground rules of a D/s scene, "compromises" are always key; they keep both parties happy. If he's dead set against particular forms of kinky play, it's likely that she may become bored, regress regarding depression, or worse. Even a gesture as simple as "allowing her time to periodically explore her little side" without him involved, or something as going with her on a shopping trip to buy clothing for "little time" would be something. But being dead set against it? That's a bad indicator of a stable future, at least in my opinion.

- If you were the submissive/little, and you had a partner like hers, would you be able to maintain a stable relationship? or would you go find someone else (bare in mind she can easily slip in and out of a 'little' frame of mind)?
Kink people don't mix well with the hardline "vanilla" crowd, at least in my experience. If the 'vanilla' is at least a little bit open to occasional fun time, maybe. As for myself, one of the reasons that i enjoy being single is the freedom to explore my personal kinks. i would not engage in a serious relationship with a member of the 'vanilla' crowd that had no desire for kinky play. To each their own, but i don't think that i could have a stable relationship with someone that was completely dis-interested and/or turned off by my particular set of kinks.

- Any help or advice as to how we can convince her partner to look into how to take care of a little (at the minimum) or how she can 'get rid' of her little side (My experience in how a lg thinks is minimal, so I am unsure if this is possible or not).
My previously mentioned shopping trip might be a start. There are a number of stores that cater to new parents. Would it really hurt him to go browsing with her for pacifiers, bottles & such?

Perhaps he could try sprinkling baby powder on her bottom or something? In & of itself, that's far from a kinky activity.

As to "getting rid" of her little side, it's ultimately up to her if she wants to make that strictly part of her past, to have a vanilla future with him. I know of no way to "will it out of her". This isn't exactly the stone ages, and people aren't regularly burned at the stake anymore either. Heck, it's 2015, 50 Shades of Grey sold how many million copies AND is now a movie currently in theatres ... AND mainstream media is talking about it. Society as a whole is beginning to be more open about, and receptive to Kinksters everywhere.

Aside from whatever anybody's thoughts on that book/film are (haven't read or scene it myself), it should at least be noted that society openly is talking about them. It's not a cultural shift by itself, but it is a step toward a more open society ... that's my point here.

- Any other advice for the couple?
Not specifically, other than hoping she seeks professional help with the depression. I do wish her well in that regard, it certainly is an unpleasant thing to have to deal with.

However, all things equal, it sounds to me as though it might be best if they broke up. If he's really taking such a hardline against the generally harmless hobby of being a little, I have doubts about the future of the relationship.

While some people successfully remain friends after a break-up, I doubt that doing so would be a good idea in this case. I truly hate to say this, but think it might be best if they completely went their separate ways.

With all of the above said, I do wish her well, both for her real-life aspirations and happiness in kink. I am by no means a professional, so these are just my freely given opinions and thoughts.

Best of luck to her, with whatever decisions she makes regarding this issue.
Bunny says, "Bye bye!"
inferiorwhiteboi is offline   Reply With Quote