View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #12
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...
Note

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked View Post
@interesting--
the article said Obama has became complicit with the torture acts that Bush started. When Bush left, he left everything to be dealt with Obama, including the torture prisons. they're are locked out from doing anything they want. Get a job, find a girlfriend, go to college... they don't have the chances. And to make it worse, the guards are laughing in their face and beating them.
There is little way a debate on this can go in any direction but badly. Still, debate is good for democracy so here goes.

I'm guessing by this definition of complicity, we are all at fault, because we are not manifesting outright to have the information released. By that logic, it would be so easy for me to take charge of a company, run it to the ground while making record profits for myself, then handing the company to another and claiming that person has as much responsibility as I do in the fact that the company is going under.

Obama did inherit Bush's legacy, but he is by no means its architect.

What the soldiers in these videos/photos are doing is wrong, morally and legally, and it should be taken to justice. But they are responsible for their own actions. If the Nuremberg trials thought us anything, it's that soldiers cannot use the defense of simply following orders (although I doubt the orders were to rape and sodomize people). Every man is accountable for his own actions, and regardless of wether or not the pictures/videos are released, I hope the criminals who perpetrated these acts get what's coming to them. It's the only form of justice we can hope for, since the acts they performed can't be undone.

In regards to torture prisons and Guantanamo, let me remind you that Obama gave the executive order to close the prison - but that it is the American representatives (both Democrats and Republicans) who, in the name of their constituants, refuse to take in these criminals into their own local jurisdiction. The Senate and House are effectively preventing Obama from following up on his promise (although I don't know if there have been developments on this recently).

I have one final question: according to you, does the media outlet 'prisonplanet' have a bias in its reporting of the story, same as the other media outlets have in not reporting it?

You can visit my erotic stories website at:
interestinglifestories.weebly.com

This link can get you to all of my stories on this site as well:
Blog for my GD stories