Thread: Fiction: Exchange Visit
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
Wordsmiff
Distinguished Member

Default Exchange Visit

CHAPTER 1

“I’m Anna,” Anna said, as she brushed her long blonde hair behind her shoulder..

“Freja,” the brunette girl announced.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Catherine.” Catherine Wilkinson led the two girls along the hallway and paused outside a door. “This will be your room for the duration of your stay,” she said, as she opened the door. “You’ll be sharing a double room.”

Anna Svenson and Freja Sorensen were just glad to be at the university at last. Scan Air Flight 241 from Stockholm to Birmingham International airport had been delayed by turbulence. At least that was the reason given by the captain.

When they had finally landed, retrieved their luggage and found their way out of the airport, it was raining.

Like all airports, Birmingham International was situated well outside the city boundary and it was a long commute to their host University and, to top it all, there was a long line of people waiting for the taxis.

Catherine beckoned the two girls into the room. “Most of the rooms in this wing are single ones but there are a few doubles,” she said, “There are two single beds, each with their own study desk and storage areas.”

Anna and Freja wheeled their suitcases into the room.

“It’s very spacious,” Catherine said.

The two visitors exchanged glances and looked round the room. Anna, however, was more intrigued by Catherine.

Catherine was a redhead and she wearing a pair of thick-rimmed glasses. The bridge of her nose was speckled with freckles, almost as if someone had flicked a paintbrush at her. She was carrying a large text book in her hand.

Anna idly wondered if the girl had red pubes.

“There is privacy, however,” Catherine added, bringing Anna back to reality, “As you can see. The separate areas can be partitioned off with the screens.”

Anna and Freja nodded. This was the girls’ first visit to Birmingham, the so-called second city of England. They were on an exchange trip from the University of Stockholm.

“There’s a communal bathroom and shower area one end of the hall,” Catherine explained, “And a communal kitchen at the other end. Don’t get them mixed-up.” She giggled.

Anna and Freja gave Catherine a confused look.

“A joke,” Catherine said. “It was a joke.”

“Ah,” Anna said, “British humour. We’ve heard about it.”

“You’re actually lucky to get a room on campus,” Catherine said, changing the subject, “They’re all occupied. This room belongs to the girls who have gone to Stockholm in your place.”

“Will they be using our rooms?” Freja asked.

“More than likely,” Catherine replied, “I don’t know how these exchanges work.”

Freja looked at Anna. “I hope they don’t find my dildo.”

At Catherine’s shocked look, Freja turned to her and said, “Only joking.”

Catherine blew out a sigh.

Anna guessed that this girl was probably a bit naive a prudish.

After a few moments of silence, Freja added, “I’ve brought it with me.” She burst out laughing.

Anna and Catherine joined in.

“See,” Freja said, “We Swedes also have the humour.” She gave Anna a sly wink.

“Anyway,” Catherine said, “My room’s two down on the left if you need anything else.”

Anna made a mental note of that. She may well need something else from Catherine.

“The students in this block are studying different courses,” Catherine added, “so if you need to know the locations of your lecture rooms and things like that, you can get directions from the reception in the main building across the road.”

Anna and Freja nodded.

“You’ll get temporary ID cards soon,” Catherine said, “To identify you as students while you’re here.”

Anna and Freja nodded again.

“So how did you manage to obtain this exchange then?” Catherine asked. “Did you sleep with the Dean or something?”

Anna and Freja exchanged glances again.

“Something like that,” Freja said.

“No,” Anna added, quickly to her friend, “It’s the British humour again.” Anna looked up at Catherine. “Isn’t it?”

“Yes,” Catherine said.

“Oh,” Freja said, “I see.”

Catherine walked back to the door. “There are shops and a bank on campus too,” she added, “If you need them.

“Thank you,” Anna said.

“I’ll leave you to it then,” Catherine said. “I hope you have a pleasant stay.”

Anna and Freja watched as Catherine went out and closed the door behind her.

“Which side do you want?” Anna asked.

“I’ll take this side,” Freja said, pointing to a bed.

“Did you really bring your dildo with you?” Anna asked her friend.

“Of course,” Freja replied. “I never go anywhere without it.”

The two Swedish girls burst out laughing again and started to unpack their suitcases.

To be continued...
Wordsmiff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Wordsmiff for this post: