View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Protecting Yourself:

(NOTE: This is just a guideline. It will help minimise the possibility of you doing something illegal, become sexually abused etc. This by no means will garuntee that you're safe.)

Quick Tips:
- Don't go on cam if you're under 18.
- Do not link to your facebook, myspace, bebo etc. accounts.
- Have a separate account to chat to people on MSN, Yahoo, AIM etc.
- Don't go further than telling people your state, unless you're planning to meet up.
- Do not go into a D/s relationship until you understand what you're in for. Yes, it's a good idea to have a person 'break it in' for you, but please, do some research. If you don't like BDSM the first time you try it, most likely you will NEVER GROW TO 'LIKE' IT. Stop the situation as soon as possible.
- Use common sense when approaching dares. If you are unsure if something is safe, then a little bit of googling might help.
- Do not believe everything you see. A 16 year old might indeed be a 50 year old pervert.

HAVE A FRIEND:
If you are planning to meet up with someone, I would suggest that you tell a real life friend, and the first time you meet, to make sure its a PUBLIC place. Tell the 'friend' the time you are leaving, time you'll get home, and the places you are going along with a rough timeline. If you do not want the other person to know, then you could arrange for your friend to call you at say... hourly intervals, and have SEVERAL cue lines ready. Another method, is to have a certain greeting, such as 'Hello?' for 'I am okay.' and 'Sup?' for 'Get me out of here!'. The last thing you say should also determine the location, if you are in trouble, such as 'So I guess I'll see you at 3 on Monday'. '3' being location number three on the 'rough timeline', and 'Monday' meaning 'this is very urgent'. (Sunday being, 'I feel a little uncomfortable.')

(Of course, do not use the exact wording as above, for if you're meeting up with a gD member, they would know.)

New to BDSM:
There are many many MANY misconceptions about BDSM and D/s (Domination and Submission). Read http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=19036. Please, if you ever have problems, or you're having trouble understanding this lifestyle, ask in the Slave/ Master Lounge. Nicely. A lot of the members will be glad to help.(HINT: never be one sided when asking questions. )

If you are over 18, I would also suggest you to check out Kinktalk.com. getDare's brother/sister site.

Back to Top.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS

Last edited by LilAngel; 06-23-2009 at 05:57 PM.
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote