View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
John332
getDare Sweetheart

Default Party 3, pt2

The next day I called up the local swimming pool. A youngish voice answered - possibly another student looking for money, I thought.

"Hi there," I said. "I'm a reporter for the student paper and I'd like to come in and write a piece on the refurbishment of the pool and whether it's beneficial for the students."

"Erm... ok," said the girl. "I'll have to go and check with the manager."

"Ok," I said. "I can wait."

She was gone for about five minutes

"Ok," she said. "That's fine - when do you want to come over."

"Well, it'd be good to see it when it's not so noisy," I said. "When is it quiet?"

She thought for a second

"Either first thing in the morning when we open at five, or on a Saturday night," she said

"Great," I said, "I'll come on Saturday evening at about 9.30"

"Ok," she said. "We close at 10pm, so don't be late."

I wasn't quite sure how that one would pan out, and I wondered if there was a trick prize for getting the lowest point score.

On my way to lectures, I passed Lizzie in the road and suddenly realised that she'd promised to take part.

"How are you feeling about your dares?" I asked

She grinned at me

"EXcited," she said, and kept walking.

That evening I went to my job at the art gallery and looked for opportunities for all three dares. I easily got a picture of myself in front of a piece of art, but the other two would be more difficult; apparently life class didn't need any more models at the moment, and there weren't any other staff my age. There was another part-time receptionist, Joyce, who was about 30, and the owner of the gallery, Mary, who was 35, but she was quite aloof, and I rarely saw her. There was one positive side - there was a small fitness room and a couple of showers in the staff area - Mary was a fitness addict, so that night I ran for half an hour on the running machine and took a long shower after my shift, but no-one came by. Sighing, I picked up a fashion magazine on the way back home and took photos of myself imitating them in my room. I quickly pulled on my speedos and shot a video of myself stripping out of them. Seventy five points total, I thought, with a possible of 220. I started to feel a bit miserable and embarrassed by the whole thing.

To add insult to injury, Rachel was giggling in the kitchen at dinner time

"I've got fifty points already," she laughed, looking a bit naughty

I managed a grin and resolved not to be beaten by my innocent flatmate. Or, as she was fast becoming, my not-so-innocent flatmate...
John332 is offline   Reply With Quote