Thread: John's Slavery
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 05:44 PM   #196
ScottAS2

Default My €0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredaredare View Post
That last line threw Jamie over the edge. She broke down entirely.
Very Nineteen Eighty-Four. I'm enjoying this and look forwards to the continuation.

As to the drugs hoo-hah, if you don't like it, don't read it. Frankly, most of the stuff on this site could offend many people (indeed, some of it is potentially illegal (e.g. in Scotland: s.51 Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 and the proposed Criminal Justice and Licensing Bill which would make possession of material depicting "rape and other non-consensual penetrative sexual activity, whether violent or otherwise" a crime)). If we started removing anything with the potential to offend, we'd quickly end up with just the rules announcement left.

To be perfectly honest, this story has a particular element that I strongly disagree with in real life. This element, however, is also used in almost every other story on this site. Do you see me complaining? No. I just don't read them unless they have redeeming features (and this one excels in that regard).

There's no point mumping about wanting the stuff I dislike removed. As long as it isn't directly advocating certain actions in real life, I am content to turn the other cheek; just as many of us may abhor violence in real life while still enjoying an action movie, for removing the objectionable material would turn them into completely different stories. The most important difference of all is that they wouldn't be the story that the author wrote. It'd be some sort of Bowdlerised committee-produced pap.

In short, daredaredare, sorry for taking up inches with my rant in a topic that's supposed to be about your excellent story. Write the story you want to write. Ignore anyone who wants something else (unless they're paying ).
ScottAS2 is offline   Reply With Quote