Thread: Singing
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #22
Overhood

1. Do you sing often? In private or in front of people? I don't sing a lot anymore, except when I'm at parties and stuff, or if I'm writing a song myself. I used to be in a school choir in high school, though, and I was even the lead singer in a one-time ensemble we put together for a science class presentation about nutrients. (Yes, we actually made a song about nutrients, don't judge me! ) I do hum a lot in private though, so there's that.

2. How would you rate your voice on a scale of 1-10? 1 being horrible and 10 being excellent, I'd say I'm slightly above average. Probably a 6 (or possibly a 7 on a good day.)

3. Has anyone else ever commented on your singing voice in a positive way and what did they say? A girl told me she laughed so hard she cried after the song about nutrients.

4. In a negative way? (I hope these answers are funny) A girl told me she laughed so hard she cried after the song about nutrients.

5. What is your favorite kind of music to sing? Favorite song or artist? I don't really have a favorite kind, but anything with a nice melody works.

6. If not the same as above, what kind of music do you think you sound best singing? Probably something where I can use my regular voice instead of faking a really bluesy one or something.

7. What kind of music do you sound terrible singing? See above. Also, anything that's out of my register.

8. Have you ever won any kind of award for singing? Haha, never!

9. On a different hand, can you rap? I don't think I've ever tried. I could probably groove pretty well, but I think I'd sound extremely white n' nerdy!

10. And finally, is your singing voice higher, lower, or similar to your speaking voice? Sometimes higher, sometimes lower, it depends on the register of the song.

Oh, and if you want I dare you to post a recording of you singing. If you're good please please do this! And if you're not, go ahead and do it anyway; just learn to laugh at yourself and it will be humorous for us and you! I don't have the nutrient song anymore, but maybe I'll record something else some day!

Last edited by Overhood; 08-02-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Fixed some spelling
Overhood is offline   Reply With Quote