Thread: Online Dating
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 AM   #11
Hallamark

I've tried it. It's not a preference when it comes to meeting people online. It's like when you message somebody it's two people trying to force a relationship when there may be very little in common or one or both are exaggerating on thier profile. I've had friends who have had bad experiences with it such as the person actually looking nothing like they do in thier profile or going for public meet ups only to be stood up. Also the m/f ratio on every site seems to be atleast 10/1 which works as you'd expect. Girls being picky, guys being desperate.

I think meeting somebody on a social network somehere that isn't a dating site is better. Nothing is forced, you often don't have to deal with as much competition from other guys/girls and people are likely to be more real in my opinion. I feel like there's more of a chance for a spark in a casual atmosphere and not a dating site. I've met somebody amazing online (tumblr). We found each other and just hit it off right away and we've been friends for a long time.

Last edited by Hallamark; 07-07-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Hallamark is offline   Reply With Quote