Thread: Online Dating
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
fitsexyguy
Distinguished Member

Have you ever used an online dating site?
I have.

What was your motivation to do so?
There were two motivations; it was mainly curiosity but also seeing if I could meet someone (which also kind of falls under curiosity). I wanted to see what it was like just out of curiosity but also to see if it would be something that would work for me because I struggle to meet new people.

Did you lie or exaggerate on your profile?
No, all the information was completely true, nothing that would make me identifiable but the information I provided and questions I answered were done with complete truth.
I was extremely uncomfortable posting a photo of myself though so I went with just black or something else but just didn't feel comfortable putting up my photo.

Did you actually go on a date with someone you met from the site and what was your experience like?
I didn't, I found that firstly the site allowed you to be EXTREMELY picky but also that there weren't a lot of people my age on their and the few that were my age I wouldn't go for. I found it to be really weird thought because so many people seemed fake so I just left the site.

Have you had any traumatic online dating experiences?
No, because I didn't get any dates because I couldn't seriously commit to using the site as a method of meeting people plus I'd be embarrassed if people found out I used a dating site.

I do have a story though. I'd gone through and answered a whole heap of match questions because that was the most interesting thing to do on the stupid site. Anywho, each day it would send you an email with people that were supposed to be a really good match. One day I was looking at the email and there was this really cute girl that I apparently had an extremely high match with. Clicked on the profile and turned out to be a friend of a friend who I'd met before. Needless to say I couldn't contact her because I felt weird about people knowing which sucked but I felt very relieved that I didn't have a picture up because if I'd come up as her match she'd have recognised me.