getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Do people think when they pick their screen names? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8589)

MasterPain 02-11-2008 08:05 AM

Do people think when they pick their screen names?

Quote:

17-m-uk-master, 5lave4u, aaaaa, admireu4ever, afcasallas, Air force dude, alekela, alexrules01, Invisible, and9993, andom4444, andy, ang7, aslave4uxxx, atownesq, aug928, ausmaster, Azn_boy, Barkest, Bart, bb1234, bball, beaggressive, becuase-im-bored, Beginnerbabe, bennylanyon, BeX25, Big_Joe, bi_fiona, Invisible, boiboi4ever, booter, Boy of Dreamz, boysspankedbottom, Broken Wings, bubyb, cambam, cameltoeweddgie, camsexslave, cdslut, Central Park, chaingangistheclick, Chantale, chay007, chubcamslut, Invisible, Colei, cupbunny, CyberStorm, D-12, dabear, damnedsoul, damned_virus, Invisible, danyul99, DareByrd, daregirl000, darelova55, daremaster, darenick920, darrick, david15, DavidTurner666, davieboi, dctobe84, depp, desi666, Dice7, DoctorWorm, doesnotdaremuch, doomed_soul89, doyadareme?, doza123, draqulatte666, drivetosurvive, dyingend, e1n1d1e1r, ecogurl, eddidde, ellgass89, elpamhax, erworx, EvilGeniusNick, ewitch, fallennoble, Feryfurr, Fiendish, Fikii17, fooball2002, Ford47, fratboydare, futuremafiaman, garrasdevil, gayboi, gdmh, geoff, give_me_dares, glue, goodboy, GPhantom, GrimmIll, guitarguy160, GungeGuy, Hampers, haydies, Hccmike, Henke80, hi12345678900, hornyboy, Humiliatedarion99, Humiliate_Me, hunkyadam, HypoMonkey, i own you, iamwooster3, IAmYourGame, IceandFire11, IckleMissMe, idontfeelgood, Ikon, imaslave, Insomnia, Is Niet, Isabell, Iwillorderyou, j0ker, jackie, jad77, jakc333, jammeh, Jaws3434, Invisible, jazzy6968, Jeje, Jeroen, Jim, joel, Invisible, JoesCarWash, JohnJohn23, johnny_c18, john_gibson, JoMo, jonerhoy, Invisible, kandou, killer_95, King_Teha, Kitty, KrazyMoFo, Krystal, lansley69, laurenmcgarryx, leadbet, lie.pretty, LittleDaniel, livetobedared, localhero, Lonelyangel, lonewolf, Looking4somename, LordCaspen, lorddeox, lovethenudes, lucky, Lust_Baby4u, luv2sweat07, Lych, lydiab6, lynch, lyndene236, lzysk8r4life, maciekf, Madhatter, magnum69, MancuChow, mano, Invisible, Mark_Willis, Master Daddy Matt, master29, masterbaiter, MasterBeltha, MasterO, MasterPain, matthew8459, mattshow561, mausi7280bi, Maxxim, mcdowall06, Mephistopheles, mercyou, MereSlave, Merlin, mick39, mike517, Millll, Invisible, missbeth, MistressAmy, Invisible, mistresssam, MM18, mmmommmo, mosaik1, MrAverage, mrdude, Ms. Shiri, Nadav_Israel, Invisible, newatslave, Invisible, NiKEAthLEtE206, NikkiBlue, NJTallGuy, nonamejones, notdudeman, Invisible, notjustareader, nuditydudity, omssx, onknees, oosttbolar, OwnMe77, patmanisout, paul19, phil472, pimpdaddy, pinkpeach2, ponitail, profoundslave, punkrocker, qatguy, queerbunny, qwertyboy, r3aldeal, Rachel, Rachel89, rampage, random53, Random9002, Randy75, realsurfer, Recon, rgunn344, robert.glynn, robfountain, Romeo, rwdb_99, RyanKernell, Rzcora, sarah152, Sarahsissy, scienceistasty, scotsman, Seannyboy131, Sennia, sexy682, ShadowyFigure, shroobs, Simon, Simple_me, sircody, sissymike, sizzle36, SLAVE KOMMY, Slave Max, slave10065120, slave1987, slave2abuse, slave456, slave4Mistress, slave999, slaveboy-k, slaveboytoy83, Slaveismyname, Slave_boy11, SluttyStacy, smartbabi92, Socks, some guy 21, someoneinureclass, southerncomfort, Stripperman, StylishKidInTheRiot, SubM, suck1999, sum1(2), Swooper, sxcm, Sylvelin, Tabby, tallangatta77, tarkion, tea pesh, TeenLad, TeenSlave, Invisible, Thatguy16, Invisible, THeMaGNeTiCMan, theuntouchable, The_Dared, ThreeNinetyNine, tissue13, tollrolls, TrekBoy008, truthordare93, t_or_dgal, uareapossum, uk_slave_girl, ulf, ultimatemaster, UltimateMistress, urmaster, USASlaveGurl, Valrinn, viking, vincentk, Viper9913, vivala_dare, volleyballstar, wahey1, Wcbrown514, Wedgie, Invisible, wedgiewanter91, Whitestar1983, willingslavem, willsmall, wobber, worthless slaveboy, Invisible, xdressslave, xTrYsTaNx, Young Master, YoureAmazingMe, your_slave16, zeketheorc
do people think when they pick their screen names?

I did put alot of thought into my screen name, i have a rather unque screen name, I am a true Master, and I do delight in phyical and emotional pain-pleausre. So masterpain was a choice for me, and i picked it. sure it kept and scares people away just because they dont know what i do, but over all im a pretty easy going guy!

screen names represent the first things people see of you, and if they are even going to read your messages or are they going to just delete them.
now looking at the log in list for yesterday we have a few intresting names that pop up in my mind, they are not unque or even brillant names but just names that if the person was thinking, they wouldent have even picked them;

suck1999: i dont know the segnifiance of the numbers at the end but generaly its a birth year so i immedetaly think this person is 7 or 8 years old, i wouldent talk to you for fear of that.

hi12345678900: probaly a spam account but ya, this name screams originality!

but the worst one that i seen come onto the site signed up today, killer_95.
now heres a screen name that screams trust and compassion! killer_95 generealy says to me says,"i wouldent care about you, life is not important enough to care about. even messageing me could result in your death!"

please pick your screen names well in the future they are your face forward when meeting people, because this is what the internet is about.

TheLittleStrawberry 02-11-2008 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterPain (Post 49013)
do people think when they pick their screen names?

I did put alot of thought into my screen name, i have a rather unque screen name, I am a true Master,

And what is a true master? A master who choses a unique screen name? I really dislike when people use the infamous "I am a true master" card...

Anyway... Why is other peoples screen names such a big deal? Some people put thought in their screen name and some don't. And truly, your screen name really isn't that clever either. So many people have "Pain" or "master" in their name.

Truth is... I didn't put any thought in my name. I just came up with it on the spot. Oh wait.. does that make me fake slave? :rolleyes:

Looking4somename 02-11-2008 08:54 AM

Don't even feel like reading your post. I stopped at the whole "I am a true master" part.

Anyway, to answer your question - NOT AT ALL.

I was looking for some name, and that's what I got. I believe I may have tried NoName first, but no such luck.

I usually put a lot of thought to picking my usernames, mostly using an anagram of my name or something of the sorts, but I'd like to keep my anonymity here, so I just chose a perfectly random name.

JoMo 02-11-2008 11:41 AM

m name is ever-present on any website I've ever joined unless it's already been stolen by some evil nazi rabbits......It has absolutely no significance or point, it's just my internet name, and tbh I don't really look at people's screen-names at all anyway...thats even worse than judging someone based on the clothes they wear or how they look.

shame on you!

Master Daddy Matt 02-11-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMo (Post 49063)
m name is ever-present on any website I've ever joined unless it's already been stolen by some evil nazi rabbits......It has absolutely no significance or point, it's just my internet name, and tbh I don't really look at people's screen-names at all anyway...thats even worse than judging someone based on the clothes they wear or how they look.

shame on you!

Unless this MastPain (which by the way on the surface is such a cheesy name), talked to every one about why he or she picked the name he or she chose, he needs to keep his thoughts on this matter to himself and not make such an asinine, generalized statement, like he did.

Come on, dude, think before you speak!

TheLittleStrawberry 02-11-2008 11:51 AM

Being mean is so fun... :cool:

scienceistasty 02-11-2008 12:15 PM

Yes, I did think about my name when I signed up. And it is awesome! :D

MasterO 02-11-2008 12:34 PM

There was a thread done about this a while back and most people have a reason for why they chose the name they did. For some it is an identity and others just a name they thought cool. If you pm suck 1999 you may find they have a good reason for choosing that name, like maybe 1999 really sucked for them. Some also use there high school graduation year in their name so instead of 7 or 8 they may be 25 or 26. The point is you don't know and it's their name, let them choose it as they wish.

Insomnia 02-11-2008 01:12 PM

Does my name show what an uninspired person I am? or what a Genius? In reality, it's because I was suffering from insomnia when I signed up, and thought it would be different!

My MsN ID is a surreal take on a song I was listening to when I signed up. Other IDs on other sites have been chosen for other reasons - important or not.

On one site (or group of sites), my screen name is rather cheesey. That said, it says what I'm about, and people know me by it, so it's a bit late to change!

You talked about what you think MasterPain conveys to others - to me, it conveys at first impresion the idea of someone who is into causing pain, and has little interest in anything else. I don't know you well enough to judge whether that's accurate, or you talk on the forums a lot, chat about things other than the focus of the site with people here, or anything else.

Names give an impresion about people, but by far the biggest first impression is made by the first thing you notice them say...

Lonelyangel 02-11-2008 02:17 PM

Wele comes from the show Doctor who, the doctor is referred to by Madame De Pompadour as "my Lonelyangel". I use either it or versions of it on all sites. It's in no way narcasism on my part, i think i'm far from it i just like the name really.

Fiendish 02-11-2008 03:16 PM

I put some thought into it... but my usual name was taken. Many other names I tried were taken.

So I sat under a waterfall for three days, meditating on the situation. Then, I realized the one name that told would-be slaves what I am.

I am Fiendish, although not in the strictest sense of the word... but it's damn close.

Marc 02-11-2008 03:28 PM

Mine was attached to a passing cougar I believe...

But other than I used my name... so no thought at all!

Davros 02-11-2008 04:25 PM

Mine is to confuse people :D

I'm not new and I'm not a slave!

Dice7 02-11-2008 04:45 PM

Nope I put no thought into my name when I first joined. Every site I join I have the same sign in (which is my real name) so its automatic when signing up for things. I then realised what a bad idea having my real name as a name on a site like this was and got it changed to something relating to the dares I do most.

I've never been into the whole weird internet names thing. I'm me so why would I change my name for the internet?

Manbearpig 02-12-2008 03:22 PM

that was my nickname a while back so i choose it. it isn't my current nickname, but back in 06 when i joined it was. i have shifted from it, but oh well :P