getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   getDare Podcast (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=74908)

trust-no-1 04-29-2011 12:47 AM

getDare Podcast

Welcome to the official thread of the official getDare podcast :D

Birth and basic info

Myself and Horse.Chic decided it would be awesome if getDare had a podcast, so we created one with depp's endorsement.
We will post a show every second week for the first few times, and depending how much good feedback we get, we may bump it up to every week.
Segments

The different things that will happen on the podcast are:
Competitions
Member of the fortnight(The lucky member will come onto the show)
Best thread of the fortnight
Truth/Dare of the fortnight
Shoutouts (Both anonymous and with credit)
The News(Not boring stuff, but the funny articals that we find on news sites and newspapers)
And lots more......

User input time :D

Ohk, This is where you come in, Yes you:
If you want to send a shoutout, PM it to myself or Horse.Chic
If you want to vote for a thread for the best thread award, PM the link to myself or Horse.Chic.
If you want to vote for the best Truth/Dare, PM it to myself or Horse.Chic.
If you want to vote for a member for the member of the week award, PM the name to Horse.Chic or I.

Thanks guys,
Trust-no-1 and Horse.Chic :D

Acknowledgments:
Depp for letting us do this
LilAngel for sticking the thread for us

trust-no-1 04-29-2011 08:00 AM

As well as PMing votes and shoutouts to us, you can now use this form:
Clickey Clickey

bi-guy 04-29-2011 11:45 PM

awesome idea, this could be pretty sweet

lilysmaster 04-30-2011 02:19 PM

Good luck you will need a lot of support from the community. On the note of news, I would keep it within getDare seeing as the RIAA has rules against it and also, with itbeing bi-weekly or weekly some news would be out of date. Also, on the note of the RIAA it is not particularly legal for either of you to publish the material, they have weird rules.

Thoughts:
How are you going to distribute it?
Are you going to have in mp3, mp4, wav, etc.?
Are you going to save it in multiple formats for different users.
Are you going to edit it.
Are you going to host a site for it?

Please think everything through before you start your venture. This in no way is meant to sound like I am discouraging you. I want you to succeed just as much as you do. Keep in mind since you are leading the project it takes a lot of work. You can not simple take a week off, like my DJs can.

Best of luck,,
LM

trust-no-1 04-30-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilysmaster (Post 448729)
Good luck you will need a lot of support from the community.

Quote:

On the note of news, I would keep it within getDare seeing as the RIAA has rules against it and also, with itbeing bi-weekly or weekly some news would be out of date. Also, on the note of the RIAA it is not particularly legal for either of you to publish the material, they have weird rules.

The who? Were not in the US, so are we still bound by the,m? And the news isnt meant to keep people informed about stuff, its just the articles that make us laugh :p
Quote:

Thoughts:
How are you going to distribute it?
Are you going to have in mp3, mp4, wav, etc.?
Are you going to save it in multiple formats for different users.
Are you going to edit it.
Are you going to host a site for it?

We are gonna use one of the many podcast hosts out there
mp3 as it is the most used format
If requested, then yes
Of course
Unlikely, but maybe if it grows big enough
Quote:

Please think everything through before you start your venture. This in no way is meant to sound like I am discouraging you. I want you to succeed just as much as you do. Keep in mind since you are leading the project it takes a lot of work. You can not simple take a week off, like my DJs can.

It doesnt sound like you are discouraging me, It sounds like your trying to help me :D
As for the lot of work bit, I want to try and get everything organised before we start to record so the the first podcast will be a few weeks away

trust-no-1 05-11-2011 03:50 AM

Ohk Kids, First show will be up in the next few days.

Heres the show notes, I warn it, It is a lot of blabbling, We found out we can edit at the same time and talk to eachother with it, so you can see the birth of the podcast :p
Clickey Clickey

Now, On a more serious note, We very desperately need Votes and shoutouts, Heres the form, Its self explanatory:
Click Me :D

Cheers guys,
Trust and HC

Horse.Chic 05-11-2011 01:13 PM

C-mon guys, dont be shy. :)

LilAngel 05-13-2011 04:57 AM

LOL NAPLAN.

Year 9 NAPLAN is so incredibly easy and pointless the government should get a life. It's kind of like the simple and basic version of Basic Skills for Year 3. :rolleyes:

On topic before the moderators murder me, when is this fantastic podcast coming out? :cool::D

trust-no-1 05-14-2011 03:59 AM

Whenever Horsey gets online :p
I could do a one man show, but thats just boring :p

I finished the maths, non calc in 10 minutes :p Way too easy

lilysmaster 05-14-2011 01:33 PM

I may upload the podcast to getDare Radio on a light rotation weekly? We will discuss it at a later date. Once I can hear the first podcast and its content.

trust-no-1 05-17-2011 02:13 PM

The sticky is gone?
Thanks lilysmaster, that would be great

trust-no-1 05-21-2011 06:41 PM

The first episode is online :D
You can download it, listen to it online or subscribe with iTunes.

This episode Horse.Chic talks about the NAPLAN and I talk about the problem with school and the doomsday yesterday. Depp also comes on for an interview.
Sorry about the quality, It will get better with future shows, Its our first podcast :)

Clikey Clikey

Horse.Chic 05-21-2011 08:37 PM

Hmmm, i think i needa talk louder next time. :3

trust-no-1 05-21-2011 08:43 PM

haha, it sounds evil, we need more practice :P

Star Shadows 05-22-2011 03:14 AM

Have to say congrats to you- even if horse chic was ooober quiet at times, it was a good show: and depp seems like an awesome dude