getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What sort of person are you? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=341319)

Mr.Blue 05-17-2018 01:30 PM

Which type of personality are you?

Hey there, GetDare community! I have a question for you all: Which type of personality below best describes you?

Do you differ from the type closest to you or are the descriptions spot on? If you selected "Other" then what personality would you describe yourself as and what would be the traits? Any feedback/discussion on this is welcomed thanks!

Type A - "The Perfectionist"
These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverts and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are unable to multi-task at all but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, very confident in what they do in life because they do it so well, high drive, extremely competitive
Cons: Lacking variety, predictable, stubborn, close minded, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, overly cocky sometimes, addictive personality

Type B - "Jack of all Trades"
The opposite of a perfectionist. This type of person prides themselves on being capable or at least semi-capable at everything and will even go out of their way to learn new things. Often very social and adventurous, a Jack of all Trades thrives in uncertain conditions and is very spontaneous. Constantly multitasking and acquiring new skills, this person is always reinventing themselves. A major downside to being a Jack (or Jane) of all Trades is that you will not be super great at any one thing. Perfectionists will usually easily beat you if you try to compete with them in what they are best at. Where you have the advantage is that you are far more versatile than they are and are able to adapt to new environments quickly. Because of this, a Jack or Jane of all Trades is far less likely to be outdated than a perfectionist.

Pros: Extremely versatile, social, works well with others whether leader or follower, adventurous, constantly evolving/adapting, great at multi-tasking and getting things done, enjoys life to the fullest
Cons: Average or below average in everything they do, short attention span/ability to commit to one thing, fickle, too unstable/unpredictable, unfocused, may be cocky or boastful of their many "talents"

Type C - "The Realist"
This personality is a mix between Type A and B. A "Realist" is basically someone I'd describe as a person who desires balance and efficiency above all else. These people must have high discipline in order to be this way. They are able to control their desires and emotions so that they get maximum results for their time put into something. For example, if all 3 types were to play a video game...say a racing game here would be the results: Type A would grind 1 race over and over until a record is set, Type B would beat every level but crappily done, and The Realist would beat half of the game but with respectable times in the same amount of time as the others.

I suppose it is a matter of preference which personality yields the best results but realists will usually perform better in life than the first two because of their name. They are REALISTS so they base their lives around the real world and not their own fantasies as much as the others who are a little more vain in their efforts.

Pros: smart, cunning, disciplined, focused, realistic, most fit for the real world out of the 3 personality types
Cons: may come across as average compared to the other types (Realists don't really stand out as much in life due to them being the most balanced but I believe that they have the most potential on average)

Note: All 3 types are more than capable at being successful in life, however. They just accomplish this in different ways.

Other: ???
Description: ???
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
(you may write your own personality type in your reply if you wish)

Also, I identify as Type A myself. I'm very much a perfectionist if you can't already tell so this all may be a bit biased lol :D

Pet Ra 05-17-2018 01:37 PM

Hi

I guess I'm "Type A" - at least when it comes to others.
When someone gives me a task I try to make it perfect and put a good amount of efford in my reports and / or work.
When it comes to my own stuff I tend to be lazy and sometimes I don't put much efford in my work at all. Master then punishes me - justifiably :o

Kind regards

Ra

RiskyFlame 05-17-2018 02:09 PM

This is me... the basics

- Anything crossed out doesn't apply to me; and
- everything in colour applies to me very much so.

These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverted and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶-̶t̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l, h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e, extremely competitive
Cons: L̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶e̶t̶y, predictable, stubborn, c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶d, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s, addictive personality

Mr.Blue 05-17-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiskyFlame (Post 3285694)
- Anything crossed out doesn't apply to me; and
- everything in colour applies to me very much so.

These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverted and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are u̶n̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶-̶t̶a̶s̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶d̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l, h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e, extremely competitive
Cons: L̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶e̶t̶y, predictable, stubborn, c̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶d̶e̶d, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, o̶v̶e̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s, addictive personality

Hey, that's a pretty neat idea you did with the crossed out lettering. The descriptions I made were a rough generalization so it's nice to see that there are different types of perfectionists out there! :D

poetrylover828 05-17-2018 06:54 PM

Type B Jack of all trades
Pros: Extremely versatile, social, works well with others whether leader or follower, adventurous, constantly evolving/adapting, great at multi-tasking and getting things done, enjoys life to the fullest

Cons: Average or below average in everything they do, short attention span/ability to commit to one thing, fickle, too unstable/unpredictable, unfocused

Type C the realist
Pros: smart, cunning, disciplined, focused, realistic, most fit for the real world out of the 3 personality types

Cons: may come across as average compared to the other types (Realists don't really stand out as much in life due to them being the most balanced but I believe that they have the most potential on average)

I think these two are the closest to how I am if mixed. If I had to pick one I think I would be more of a Jack of all trades. The biggest no for that was the possibility of bragging. I tend not to for various reasons.

your wedgie slave 05-17-2018 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=Mr.Blue;3285650] Type C - "The Realist"
This personality is a mix between Type A and B. A "Realist" is basically someone I'd describe as a person who desires balance and efficiency above all else. These people must have high discipline in order to be this way. They are able to control their desires and emotions so that they get maximum results for their time put into something. For example, if all 3 types were to play a video game...say a racing game here would be the results: Type A would grind 1 race over and over until a record is set, Type B would beat every level but crappily done, and The Realist would beat half of the game but with respectable times in the same amount of time as the others.

I suppose it is a matter of preference which personality yields the best results but realists will usually perform better in life than the first two because of their name. They are REALISTS so they base their lives around the real world and not their own fantasies as much as the others who are a little more vain in their efforts.

I would certainly describe myself as a realist i do my best to be able to perform every task fairly well. I am the person my friends tend to turn to for advice and counseling in sensitive situations. the last reason i know for certain i am a realist is the fact that i do come across as a very average person. i usually take the back seat in conversations imputing when i think it will benefit other in the conversation or help move it forward.

lta9613 05-17-2018 07:12 PM

I would be:

Other: THE CHAMELEON
Description: Able to blend in with all types of people. Able to succeed but at a cost.
Pros: Can get along with everyone. Can succeed in most if not all situations at a personal cost.
Cons: Does not always convey emotional distress, at a detriment to self.

rhode64 05-18-2018 10:10 AM

me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Blue (Post 3285650)
Hey there, GetDare community! I have a question for you all: Which type of personality below best describes you?

Do you differ from the type closest to you or are the descriptions spot on? If you selected "Other" then what personality would you describe yourself as and what would be the traits? Any feedback/discussion on this is welcomed thanks!

These types of people are very intelligent but usually also very narcissistic. They tend to be introverts and spend most of their time by themselves perfecting one task at a time. Perfectionists are unable to multi-task at all but excel at getting really good at something much faster than others because they are continually grinding. They are slow but sure learners and have a strong sense of independence. A big downside to being a true perfectionist is that while you may be really good at a one thing you will be lacking in other skills.

Pros: Determined, Able to reach higher skill caps than others since they spend so much time on one thing, very confident in what they do in life because they do it so well, high drive, extremely competitive
Cons: Lacking variety, predictable, stubborn, close minded, overly competitive, very self conscious/too hard on themselves, antisocial/unable to work well with others unless they are the leader, overly cocky sometimes, addictive personality

Type B - "Jack of all Trades"
The opposite of a perfectionist. This type of person prides themselves on being capable or at least semi-capable at everything and will even go out of their way to learn new things. Often very social and adventurous, a Jack of all Trades thrives in uncertain conditions and is very spontaneous. Constantly multitasking and acquiring new skills, this person is always reinventing themselves. A major downside to being a Jack (or Jane) of all Trades is that you will not be super great at any one thing. Perfectionists will usually easily beat you if you try to compete with them in what they are best at. Where you have the advantage is that you are far more versatile than they are and are able to adapt to new environments quickly. Because of this, a Jack or Jane of all Trades is far less likely to be outdated than a perfectionist.

Cons: Average or below average in everything they do, short attention span/ability to commit to one thing, fickle, too unstable/unpredictable, unfocused, may be cocky or boastful of their many "talents"

Type C - "The Realist"

Note: All 3 types are more than capable at being successful in life, however. They just accomplish this in different ways.

Other: ???
Description: ???
Pros: ???
Cons: ???
(you may write your own personality type in your reply if you wish)

Also, I identify as Type A myself. I'm very much a perfectionist if you can't already tell so this all may be a bit biased lol :D

I am a bit of all of these none describe me perfectly

nina@ 05-28-2018 03:31 PM

My personality type is closest to type A, however, one of the things I tend to be "perfectionist" about is optimisation and feel I am quite efficient and a multitasker in that sense. I am also more versatile and open minded than described in type A. Other than that most traits are there in me in different proportions.

As I am growing older I do see myself shifting towards or at least incorporating certain traits of being a realist and for the better.

shiloh 06-04-2018 12:53 AM

I'm kind of a jack of all trades. I don't really feel pressure to be the best at anything, I never have. If I want to be able to do something, I jump right in. I don't like the implication, however, that I'm not especially good at anything. I'm an above average artist, I've entered competitions and come third and second before. But if I was a perfectionist, I don't think I'd be able to do art at all. I wasn't an artist my whole life, I picked it up in middle school simply because I wanted to be able to do it- I'm glad I wasn't scared not to be the best, bc that made it easier to start.