getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Annoying/Worst TV Adverts (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=31239)

Slenderman - Doctor 09-02-2009 06:41 AM

Annoying/Worst TV Adverts

There are adverts on TV which are just plain stupid/annoying/shit.

Do you have any adverts you just hate?

If you name some, let us know what country you're in too :)

England
- The opera "Go Compare" advert
- All the "exchange your gold for cash" adverts
- And to top it all, the "Poo at Paul's" advert.

"But I want to do a poo in Paul's bathroom - I'm going to do a poo at Paul's!"

BettyBoop 09-02-2009 06:43 AM

The BOG OFF advert.
Which is actually BOG OF.
Buy one get one free, and the stupid man shouts it.

Slenderman - Doctor 09-02-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyBoop (Post 181595)
The BOG OFF advert.
Which is actually BOG OF.
Buy one get one free, and the stupid man shouts it.

I said "ya buy one, ya get one AB. SOL. UTELY. FREE!"

My mum went to the same school as him and dated him for about two weeks. Trufax. Tis my claim to fame, haha xD

Dahc 09-02-2009 07:02 AM

The most annoying/stupid tv advertisment ive seen to date would be the new " how do you get the carmel inside the caramilk" with the people dancing around on stage and than thats it...... i can not stand this commercial, every time it comes on i have to change the channel or turn it off, its rediculous there is no need for stupid stuff like this on tv.

btw im from canada.

Komodo Jones 09-02-2009 07:07 AM

I hate commercials that take a perfectly good song like "Unbelievable" and replace it with their product. Like a while back Kraft was advertising these new things called Crumblers and they made the song "Crumbelievable." I'm from the United States by the way. But I love picking apart commercials. Like you said Fenric "You get one absolutely free! Just pay seperate shipping and handling." How is that absolutely free, if you have to shell out a couple more dollars?" And then they makes these commercials where they repeat the phone number like five times and says there is no obligation. Really?

lokelake 09-02-2009 07:15 AM

That falleit fish commercial was pretty stupid.

oreo_is_back 09-02-2009 07:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ve_F00bsA&NR=1

THAT RIGHT THERE! OMG'S! I want to smack that kid upside the head and the Jiingle! GR!

"BUT UNFORTUNATELY YOU CAN'T GET YOUR SCOOTER IN."

GR! I'll give you scooter!

RedaDare 09-02-2009 07:28 AM

There's an advert in UK (and probably elsewhere as the words don't actually fit the faces!) for an air freshener. A little boy telling his mum "he wants to do a poo - he wants to do a poo at Paul's house"

GOD how annoying is that?!

oreo_is_back 09-02-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedaDare (Post 181614)
There's an advert in UK (and probably elsewhere as the words don't actually fit the faces!) for an air freshener. A little boy telling his mum "he wants to do a poo - he wants to do a poo at Paul's house"

GOD how annoying is that?!

Lmao! Aye! That one sucks as well! Wanna smack him upside the head too.

Night-1991 09-02-2009 08:11 AM

The Go-compare! advert. Jesus, they could of hired a better singer, he sounds like an X Factor reject.

Poo At Pauls is disgusting and not funny at all.

Moonpig Advert...god, it sticks in your head. "MOOOOOOOONPIIIIG" STFU.

The Pedigree Advert - The Music Is Annoying

The Dell Computers Advert - Lollipop Song

Oatibix - my Sharona. 3 Men singing in a lorry badly

Kerrigan 09-02-2009 09:19 AM

!Warning! The below message does contain strong language of somwone asked what he hates most on TV.

Adverts i hate, Where do i START!!!

No1. Go compare! That fat stupid bastered with the fake mustache yelling "GO COMPARE.... GO COMPARE....", I want to see him put through a mincer!

no2, Charity adverts!!, Miles is a quite baby, Give two pounds a month, and stop his abuse.. They may aswell say give two pounds a month, or YOU are directly responsable for this kids life!! YOU!!! And them adverts that show skinny half naked weaping africans! Thats not what i want to see in the add break of star trek!

No3, Mazona Mobile, With that DAMNED ANOYING TUNE!!!

No4, "I want to do a poo at pauls", That glade shit-waft be gone advert! No! Take that little bastered into the toilet and make him do a shit in your house! Beat him until he looses control of his fecking bowls if you have to!!

No5, Vanish oxyaction, With them middle class snotty nosed basterds! O look, little timmy has spilt his dinner down his front while throwing a pizza in there air like a twat, You dont say "How are we going to get theese stains out" *smile at him* You say "What the FUCK do you think you are doing you little bastered!" And how did that damned pink pedo women randomly pop into there house! And why isnt the parent concerned she is striping her kids to wash there clothes in a seathrough tub!

I HATE ALL OFF THEESE! JUST OF THE TOP OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!

Some people say i have quite strong opinions...

nate2010 09-02-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night-1991 (Post 181625)

I like that one, they are just playing the hell out of it.

Right now the only ones I can think of here in the US are the caveman commercials for Geico. I hate those stupid things. I don't like that male enhancement commercial with smiling Bob either.

BettyBoop 09-02-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Night-1991 (Post 181625)

Oh I adore that advert, and the really colourful laptops and then they wrap them up like sweets. It reminds me of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. :)

Trystaan 09-02-2009 10:13 AM

The Dell advert is absoloute class.

as is the moonpig one :) 'Moonpig offers a boggling choice of cards' :p

sxcm 09-02-2009 10:14 AM

Advert

To begin with I just want to say...I HATE ALL CHILDREN IN ADVERTS! they grind my nerves down and make me want to throw my remote at the telly..Bad times..

However there is one advert, one advert more than any that makes my blood boil and make me want to eat my own face just so i dont have to hear that stupid kid say 64!! for any of those who dont know i'm speaking of the rice crispy advert, "how many are there then?" "I dont know he keeps eating the all" "sixty-four!" i want to ram the spoon so far down his throat he'll be excreting aluminium when he's forty.

rant over :D

and im from England