getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Most hated job? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=303345)

andrew_b 04-13-2017 12:12 AM

Most hated job?

Of all the jobs you may have had, which did you hate the most?

Why did you hate it so much?

Scrap 04-13-2017 02:33 AM

"Pumping Burgers" at Burger King. It consisted of taking the frozen patties out of the freezer and putting them into the broiler, along with the appropriate amount and sizes of buns. I had to listen as orders came in, figure out how many and which sizes of patties and buns needed to go on for each order, and keep a running tally. When it got busy, I had as many as 20 1/4lb burgers and 30 1/3lb burgers in queue, with many of those being doubles, so it wasn't as simple as having 50 buns ready to load when there was room.
Plus, it was hot as f***

Allykat 04-13-2017 03:27 AM

Kitchenhand in a smallish kitchen at a restaurant that was fairly popular. There was me, the chef, and a dishwasher. It got insanely hot during lunch because the kitchen wasn't very big and there was food cooking all the time plus all the running around and trying to keep up with everything. It fucked up my back a bit because it involved some heavy lifting and I'm not very strong, plus I didn't have the best shoes, and you had no time to sit down and rest for a minute or two. Everyday on the bus ride home I could see people trying to avoid me because I was smelling of all kind of stuff, my hair was a mess, and I probably looked like a zombie.

cariadferch 04-13-2017 03:47 AM

Waitressing at a tourist bar during the summer rush.

While in college I did my fair share of schlepping tables. The money was good, but the hours on my feet could be rough. During a few summers as an undergrad I worked at a bar/pub on a island off the coast of New England. The locals were generally decent, but during the summer crush some of the tourists could be insanely rude and/or crude. I took to wearing a wedding ring to fend off the worst of the lot, but it didn't help much.

(Funny, how most of the responses deal with the food service industry.)

wingman78 04-13-2017 05:53 AM

Paper boy. Papers are incredibly heavy if you have to handle hundreds of them daily, especially the weekend editions. In addition to that, it was always either way too hot to deliver them or pouring rain, and no matter how you handle them you always end up with black hands from the ink that rubs off.

Cstelle 04-13-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2744707)
Of all the jobs you may have had, which did you hate the most?

Why did you hate it so much?

That's an easy one. I worked day shift at a student beer place. The days began with toilet cleaning... and went down from there. Heavy lifting (re-stocking, carrying empty and full kegs), dishwashing... and then the customers arrived. Watching students get drunk loses its charm really quickly.

Gman7575 04-13-2017 07:02 AM

One of my first jobs was on a tree trimming crew. The guys went up in buckets and cut huge branches. I was the jackass on the ground with the hard hat dodging branches and lifting and feeding them into the chipper. Brutal!

andrew_b 06-14-2017 03:11 AM

I think originally I would have said my current one but I'm starting to get to like it now

I did have a really boring job in a very quiet office on my own.

little pet 06-14-2017 07:37 AM

Working in a greenhouse, picking tomatoes. It was incredibly tedious and repetitive.
To make it even worse, we weren't allowed to talk at all. I lasted 5 days.

andrew_b 06-14-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sub.lucy (Post 2834061)
Working in a greenhouse, picking tomatoes. It was incredibly tedious and repetitive.
To make it even worse, we weren't allowed to talk at all. I lasted 5 days.

Damn and it would be really hot as well

little pet 06-14-2017 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew_b (Post 2834065)
Damn and it would be really hot as well

Yes it was! And I had to start at 4 in the morning :mad:

Kisune Karnon 07-25-2017 08:42 PM

I was working in a bakery and doing various jobs. Should've had a full time position on 3 different occasions and the hiring company didn't think I had even applied for one. I hated the fact I was passed up for no true reason and then they didn't truly care about me at all.

FoxyFluff 07-26-2017 11:29 AM

About three or so years ago, I worked/volunteerd at a recycle shop.. It was awful! Gosh, so awful..

You feel part caretaker and part servant, and I was never able to fully attend to my duties because I needed to help customers with questions that I didn't know the answer to. It was a multitask and anxiety nightmare. :c